What Lawnmower

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
We have, currently, a flymo vision compactor 330 which to be honest leaves a lot to be desired on our lawn

Results may be better if our lawn was flat and smooth, but its not, its rather lumpy and bumpy.

Also the flymo gets no where neat the edges and is even worse when those edges are nect to shed or decking (here it leave a border of around 5 to 6 inches)

Also, the thing at the back seems to blow the grass everywhere before its sucked up into the mower itself

Anyone recommend a good value for money mower that gets right to the edge and leaves the lawn tidy ?

Saggy

the mother in law just got a new mountfield petrol push along mover, only around £125 from the major bQ's etc. i used it the other week and was pretty impressed by it. good cut nice and light and pretty quite running.

I been looking for a while at used Hayter and Honda's but they are quite a bit more in the pocket. I might just go for the mountfield as well. TGhink it had 2 year g'tee as well.

martin

Geege

Your best bet would be a compact petrol rotary mower with a rear grass collector. You should be able to find one fairly cheaply at around £100-200 from your local B&Q/homebase/Argos store etc.. and at this price it doesn't really matter what brand you go for. You may be able to find ones with a rear roller too to produce stripes. Try one with a 14inch - 17 inch cutting width for a small to medium lawn. This would be fine for a general purpose ulitily lawn consisting of ryegrass, meadow grass and other course grasses. For finer lawns such as bents and if you want a closer cut, go for a cylinder mower.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom