What Laptop....so many choices!?!

gordy01

Hi all,

I'm on the look out for a new laptop as my current one (FS Amilo Xi 1546) seems to be on its last legs. I'm look at a couple of different options within my budget of £600ish...

Number 1 - Sony NW24JG
Link
Windows 7 Professional
15.5" Screen
T6670 Processor
Intel 4500MHD Integrated Graphics
3GB RAM
320GB HDD
VGA? - Yes
HMDI? - Yes
DVD+-RW
2.7kg
3 hour battery life
£547

Number 2 - Sony NW26M
Link
Windows 7 Home
15.5" Screen
T4300 Processor
Intel 4500MHD Integrated Graphics
4GB RAM
320GB HDD
VGA? - Yes
HMDI? - No
DVD+-RW
3.0kg
3 hour battery life
£530

Number 3 - Acer 5810TZ
Link
Windows 7 Home
15.6" Screen
SU4100 Processor
ATI HD 4300 Graphics (512MB)
3GB RAM
320GB HDD
VGA? - Yes
HMDI? - Yes
DVD+-RW
2.4kg
9 hour battery life
£568

Number 4 - Fujitsu Pi3560
Link
Windows 7 Home
16" Screen
T6600 Processor
GeForce GT 240M Graphics (1GB)
4GB RAM
500GB HDD
VGA? - Yes
HMDI? - Yes
Blu-ray with Super DVD Burner
3.2kg
2 hour battery life
£599

The first 2 options are very similar I realise (the only real difference being the HDMI port on the first) and these are the ones that i prefer the styling and look of. The Acer is obviously a far more portable laptop, being the lightest and coming with by far the best battery life. The Fujitsu is at teh top of what I'm looking to spend but seems amazingly well spec'd for a laptop at this price...all be it a little heavier than I'd like!

The main tasks I use my laptop for are web browsing, streaming movies and music to xBox 360, keeping appointments up to date (synching with iPhone via Outlook), storing music and video (along with 1TB NAS), connecting direct to TV for large screen browsing or viewing movies from laptop, very occassional AutoCAD use as well as MS Office usage (2007). I move my laptop around a fair bit (in and out to work at least once a week) as well as using it on the couch a lot so mobility would be good (current laptop weight = 4kg!!).

I'd be very grateful for any opinions on any of the above options, given my requirements, or any alternative suggestions to consider?

Thanks for your help :)

johnhol

Samsung R580.

Core i3, 4GB DDR3, 500gb HDD, Deideicated NVidia craphics card, LED HD screen, all the other beels and whistles and great build quality.

I have the model down and even that is amazing. £599

anonymoose

The Fujitsu is the best one (component for component) of the models you've picked - only thing that lets it down is battery life.

spikecast

No no no! Do not get Fujitsu! I've had two and they are cheap for a reason. If something is too good to be true it normally is. The two I've had have had loads of issues and the build quality is terrible. Samsung all the way for me from what I've read. HP are also decent, Sony are overpriced but excellent build quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom