Question What kind of receiver outputs do I need?

the doc

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my receiver. Dont need 7.1 as my speaker set up in the room is 5.1 Do want 4k and 3d capability.

I want to have something else happen. I have a set of 5.1 analogue headphones that I would like to plug into the receiver some how (NOT into the PC) - roccat kave. They have standard PC style plugs (3 of them) coloured orange green and black.

The PC will connect to the receiver with a optical cable.

Is there any way to get these hooked up to a receiver so that it can change output from the usual speaker jacks to a set of 5.1 headphones like this? Im not even sure what kind of output connectors I will be looking for.

First you need receiver with all speakers pre outs.
Second, you probably have to do this connection wire by yourself - little bit soldering. Or find somebody, who can do it for you.
Maybe somebody sells those wires, but I doubt that.

Second, you probably have to do this connection wire by yourself - little bit soldering. Or find somebody, who can do it for you.
Maybe somebody sells those wires, but I doubt that.[/QUOTE
Maybe somebody sells those wires, but I doubt that.

Wow - no receivers have these outputs on them? Seems like an oversight :(

It's not oversight. Just nobody doesn't need those outputs.
Receiver is for surround sound in speakers, not headphones.
And like I said, you can make this wire for 10£. But receiver with pre-outs will cost 500 or more.
Receiver fot that purpose is total waste of money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom