What KEF center speaker to use?

vincentk76

Novice Member
Hello,

I’m new to this forum and could really use some help. At this point I have 5.1 HT system completly made up of KEF LS50 Meta’s.

I am happy about it, but, because we are getting a new tv cabinet, I’m thinking to change the center speaker to a KEF R2C center speaker.

Is this an upgrade and how do these speakers sound together? Has anyone any with this? Or should I stay with LS50 set up?

I really could use our help, because listening before the buy isn’t an option.

Gr.
Vincent

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I know in the US you can order a single LS50 centre speaker, maybe you can get one over here that would be the best match.

jsl20

I've got an LS50 Meta as my centre and I'm more than happy with it. I wasn't able to compare it to the R2C but I did try the Q250C; the LS50M was much clearer on vocals. I guess if you switched to the R2C you'd lose the advantage brought by having three identical speakers up front so you may end up with a mismatched system.

gibbsy

At one time KEF offered the original LS50 as a single speaker so that it could be incorporated in a 5.1 set up. You could approach a dealer and ask if it's possible. Other than that KEF, I believe, will suggest the R2C which is a mighty fine three way centre.

JemCollector

I have an R2c paired up with Kef R700’s and it sounds terrific. I don’t know where you’re based but you’re welcome to have a listen if you like.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom