1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Kate Bush song is used in ITV drama advert?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by SuperOxford, Oct 30, 2005.

1. SuperOxford

SuperOxford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Think its an advert for Vincent with Ray Winstone in it but not sure.

They are using a Kate Bush song behind it. A slow song but cant remember what its called?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Could it be the trailer for a new show featuring Tamzin Outhwaite - Walk Away And I Stumble - cue Macy Gray.

If it is this - slow piano opening with Kate Bush ooh oooh oh-oooh vocal, the song is This Woman's Work, released as a single in the eighties, also appearing on The Sensual World album.

It was written specially for a 1987 John Hughes / Kevin Bacon film "She's Having A Baby" where a man is waiting helplessly in a hospital while his wife gives birth in the next room. The song is from the man's point of view as he worries about his loved one.
    It is believed to be inspired by Kate's feelings towards her mother.
    It is a popular choice at funerals.

Some say Tori Amos made a career out of variations of this song. :cool:

3. SuperOxford

SuperOxford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Thats it :clap:

Thank you very much

An amazing song :smashin:

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oooh! That's harsh! ;)

Tori's style is totally different from Kate's (trust me, I'm a huge fan of both and have just about everything they've recorded, plus a fair bit of rare stuff). To me, Tori seems more Joni Mitchell inspired - though I'll acknowledge the occasional nod to Ms Bush on this or that Tori album.

Also, Kate's piano playing is generally quite straight-laced melodically/harmonically. Tori's is much freer/unpredictable. If you've seen her live, you'll get a real sense of this. Interestingly, Kate can read music; Tori can't. Wonder if this colours the way each woman composes?