What it Means to be a GamerScore Whore?

Dinky Dragon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I just want some quick snappy quotes on what it means, to you, to be a GamerScore addict.

Also your Gamertag and Gamerscore.

Thanks people!

Playing a rubbish game just to get gamerscore

Playing a version of a game from the another region to get the points twice for the same game

Having a collection of games just because you enjoyed finishing them for the points rather than the actual game. Also checking all new games to make sure you can at least get most of the achievements before you play/buy them.

Maybe when your partner turns to you and says your a gamescore whore you know you really are one. :laugh:

I don't think my gamerscore is really that bad. ;)

Just noticed it will be 5 years to the day since i got the 360 on the 22nd nov (uk launch)

So by my math im running at 6225gs per year:lesson:

Finding it impossible to turn on my Wii, PS3, DS or iPad for gaming even if there is a great game to play!! No chance of achievements and I just can't seem to get motivated!!

Oh and I proudly have Avatar TLA, Madden 06 and King Kong on my record!

I used to be a gamerscore whore until I hit 100,000. Now I'm like whats the point? Whats the difference between 150k and 100k? Play games mainly for the entertainment and for the story of the game now and mop up any other easy gamerpoints as secondary. Hunting out collection guides or replaying the whole game again on the hardest difficulty just to try and get one achievement are long goneeeeeeee

Last edited:
I have over 200k and used to be a whore, found gaming much easier since i stopped caring about score, my last 10-15 games ive barely got any points, just played them for fun, so much better that way. Wish i could disable or reset my score...

I have over 200k and used to be a whore, found gaming much easier since i stopped caring about score, my last 10-15 games ive barely got any points, just played them for fun, so much better that way. Wish i could disable or reset my score...

This is an interesting one that deserves an article.

I too have found this except I started playing games for story until the beginning of this year. January 2010 I think I was just about to hit 30,000gp... Then I became this... This monster.

Over 25k in a year and still counting.

I just find it an un-needed aspect of gaming, albeit a smart one from a business perspective...

So many countless hours i spent playing Megadrives, Dreamcasts, Commodores, n64s etc, i could no longer feel the buzz i once felt, so i stopped caring, and that buzz gradually returned...

Have to wonder if the ability to disable notifications but not specifically achievements is a tactical one by MS, yeah you disable the achevement pop-up, but also lose the ability to see friends and messages pop up too, why not a setting for both?

Have to wonder if the ability to disable notifications but not specifically achievements is a tactical one by MS, yeah you disable the achevement pop-up, but also lose the ability to see friends and messages pop up too, why not a setting for both?

i said this about 2 years ago when i used to play tiger woods, people signing in would come up over the power bar and mess things up, u should be able to select who u want to see sign in, receive messages from, etc, from each person on your list without having to not see achievements pop up.

Owning a NTSC-U 360, a NTSC-J 360, a WP7, 2 PAL 360's (atleast, I have 3) importing German and Australian games and buying a decent graphics card for your PC just to get achievements. Also buying 2 copies of games to boost by yourself and owning 2 gold accounts :)

Just noticed it will be 5 years to the day since i got the 360 on the 22nd nov (uk launch)

So by my math im running at 6225gs per year:lesson:

I think UK launch day was December 2nd 2005. I remember only getting caught up in the hype the night before and rushing around the next day to find a console :laugh:

I started my account in July or August 06 (I was dead late lol) so I'm running at just under 50,000 GS a year :)

Owning a NTSC-U 360, a NTSC-J 360, a WP7, 2 PAL 360's (atleast, I have 3) importing German and Australian games and buying a decent graphics card for your PC just to get achievements. Also buying 2 copies of games to boost by yourself and owning 2 gold accounts :)

Sounds a complete waste of money to me, i bought the occasional kiddies game for a few bob, but thats ridiculous...

Sounds a complete waste of money to me, i bought the occasional kiddies game for a few bob, but thats ridiculous...

Too some maybe but I feel owning a car is a waste of money (it is) but other's think it is worthwhile. It's all about opinion my friend.

my old 360 died so i bought a new slim last month :D

Only problem was i forgot the password and email to my old account and lost my GS :(

Too some maybe but I feel owning a car is a waste of money (it is) but other's think it is worthwhile. It's all about opinion my friend.

How does a foreign 360 get you to hospital in case of emergancy?

How does it get you through the snow when trains/buses are cancelled?

How does it take you on holidays, or anywhere?

I mean fair enough, but surely theres better things for fully grown men to spend their dosh on...

How does a foreign 360 get you to hospital in case of emergancy?

How does it get you through the snow when trains/buses are cancelled?

How does it take you on holidays, or anywhere?

I mean fair enough, but surely theres better things for fully grown men to spend their dosh on...

I'll survive without all that. I have for the last 25 years LMAO!!

I have a hobby and proud to be the 220th best out of 25,000000 people on XBL as a legit GamerScore anyway! :thumbsup:

I'll survive without all that. I have for the last 25 years LMAO!!

I have a hobby and proud to be the 220th best out of 25,000000 people on XBL as a legit GamerScore anyway! :thumbsup:

there is no way to know that , not everyone who plays the 360 is connected to the net or a member of TA.

your 220 out of 107,653 ;)

In fairness Noble he is 220th best out of 25,000000 people on "XBL"

So he kinda is. Plus anyone with a Gamerscore that big who is not on TA is either cheating or um cheating.

How does a foreign 360 get you to hospital in case of emergancy? : It doesnt but I wouldnt fancy putting other people at risk driving whilst injured.

How does it get you through the snow when trains/buses are cancelled? : You can stay at home and play it...

How does it take you on holidays, or anywhere? : Have you played a 360 before? Ive been to the middle of the Atlantic, Africa, space and some place called Serra.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, this thread isnt for you Noxious. So instead of insulting a few people because of their lifestyle choice how about maybe not posting? :(

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, this thread isnt for you Noxious. So instead of insulting a few people because of their lifestyle choice how about maybe not posting? :(

He's just stating his opinion, which is probably shared by 99.9% of every other person reading this ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom