What is your Pioneer service experience - anyone?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by df1603, Sep 11, 2007.

1. df1603

df1603

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What is your general experience with Pioneer warranty/repair service in terms of their capabilities, speed, and quality of the service?

i am asking because I just called Pioneer service few days ago to my smoked 507xd plasma (still on warranty) and got a local Pio service shop scheduling a home visit to possibly check/repair the unit at home (or if unable to repair at home they would schedule a collection service).

Instead of a qualified technician the local shop has dispached a white van driver and his helper with set of packing blankets and straps. They looked like building contractors to me rather then Pio service engineers. We just came to collect the tv, they said. However, when I saw how they wanted to pack the plasma with blankets and strap it to the floor of the white van I asked them to leave. I called Pioneer service and requested qualified technician to call in, still waiting to hear from them.

I was wondering, am I over-reacting here and expecting too much from Pio warranty service?

2. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I reckon you should have let them take it. If you were lucky they might replace it with a 508 if yours was knackered.

3. df1603

df1603

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I like your way of thinking....:rotfl: but I was expecting some qualified attention rather then a pair of plumbers....