Question What is your most embarrassing song on your playlist?

jonnybee123

Established Member
Reaction score
As a taxi driver in my lovely city I recall one early Saturday morning picking up a couple of young guys with a lot of DJ gear that I suggested they place in the boot of my cab. As they did I saw couple of turntables, mixing desk mics, vinyl and cd's etc. So my first impression, oh they must be DJ's.

So as the journey commences I ask them what they had been up to as they were dressed so cool and I was curious about their gear. 'We are DJ's' they said and had just come back from some all night rave where they were busy all night spinning disks and generally doing DJ things. Me being 52 years old at the time, I was quite impressed that they had been out since 10pm the night before partying hard which took me back to my youth. 'Ahh those were the days I thought to myself!'

As we travelled nearer to their destination across town I asked them what kind of music they were playing last night, their reply was something like Garage, House, all sorts, well whatever it was the kids of today dance to. So im thinking these two must be the coolest guys in town and well in to their dance music. Now as for me, im happy with anything with a soft female jazz vocal or failing that I'll listen to the radio during my day as long as its 'Not to LOUD'

These two were obviously and naturally tired from their long night of partying and lack of sleep but were still on a natural high (well I hoped) from the night before. As i drove through the city centre it started to get busy and lots of shoppers were milling about. As the conversation continued one of the guys in the back piped up, 'Hey you got any sounds Drive? I reply oh I only got the radio, HeartFm, Smooth FM, Radio 2 and 4 pre tuned on my car radio. And for some crazy reason I let on that I had my 8gb USB drive plugged into the radio fully loaded with all my favs from way back when and some of today.

The guy who asked suddenly lunges at the radio all the way from the back seat of the car and shouts 'Oh great, lets have a look what you got' and starts to scan through my albums. As they do so I see them studying the playlist of a classic Queen Album. Im thinking, yeah good choice guys, this'll also be great for my street cred in these guys eyes. But no, they skip past Queen and continued searching.

Then a horrifying thought dawned on me. The night before last and in a moment of slightly drunken craziness I load a Taylor Swift album on my USB Drive. 'Oh My God' I thought, these two super cool DJs who have been out all night partying hard with the coolest tunes of the moment are very very quickly gonna find out im a Taylor Swift fan. I felt my face start to glow red and I began shifting uncomfortably in my seat hoping that they'll skip past it.

My worse fears were confirmed they find Taylor. One of them then shouts out at the top of his voice, Hey, you got TAYLOR SWIFT!! great, lets put that on. They instantly choose 'We Are Never Ever' (getting back together)

I DIED in my seat, I slide down my seat a couple of inches as to try to avoid eye contact with them through the rear view mirror but also slightly surprised. They press play. It was a hot summers morning and all my car windows were down and we were just driving through the busy shopping area of town with people everywhere. 'Crank it up Drive' one shouts. So I gingerly turn it up to 40 % volume. They were having none of that. The same guy who found Taylor lunges forward again and turns my volume control all the way up to 80% . And then it got worse, much worse. They both started to sing along to Taylor in there worst Karaoke voices. As I drove down the busy high street, full of Saturday morning shoppers I cringed with embarrassment as I see shoppers walking by looking at my car wondering who is singing to this really cheezy music so badly on a Saturday morning.

So there I was with Taylor Swifts, Never Ever, at near full volume with two (now not so cool, in my eyes at least) DJs singing along very very badly in the back seat but LOVING IT!

After a few minutes into the track I begin to see the funny side and thought what the hell and start to sing along with them.

So there you go, my little cringe worthy story and a warning to all who load 'Cheezy songs' onto your devices. Be warned, you never know who might find out lol. When it comes to musical playlists, NOTHING is secret!!

So now to my question.
I want you all to be very brave and own up to your most embarrassing song in your collection. (PS. If one of you admits to having 'Aqua's - Barbie Girl', I will be asking a Mod to ban you for life lol. :D:):rotfl::laugh:

Oh go on. Just cuz im nice!

Last edited:
Ok, so those that contribute to the “what are you listening to” thread will know I (really) like metal but my guilty secret is I actually like the Emma Bunton album Free Me! For some reason it’s got that summer days, open top car (Ferrari Daytona), south of France 1950’s feel about it (oh and maybe a touch of auto tune).

Now, where’s the number for my psychologist, I think I need a months worth of therapy.

Ok, I can see some reps plummeting abyss wards.

But as mine already has, many times, I’m a secret, closet, fan of Abbas Summer Night City.

I now feel soiled :confused:

Last edited:
Ok, I can see some reps plummeting abyss wards.

But as mine already has many times, I’m a secret, closet, fan of Abbas Summer Night City.

I now feel soiled :confused:

My secret ABBA song has to be Gimme, Gimme, Gimme (a man after midnight). Not because its a good song but because of the red LED VU Meters dancing up and down to the audio that you see on the mixer desk. When I was a kid I thought that was ultra cool. They actual look quite dated now.

"Hi, my name is Jon and I've secret cheezy songs in my collection"

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom