• INTO DARKNESS (2013)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BEYOND (2016)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
I think I actually prefer TNG crew to the original as well,

Ah yes, thats true. But when the original Star Trek came out there were many restrictions on what could and couldn't be done and shown. How on earth they got past those restrictions to broadcast the Kirk Uhura kiss (the first ever black/white kiss on television) is a miracle from both TOS and Roddenberry.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Also on the Borg homeworld:

"We need assimilate the federation once and for all. We need their culture and technology. What's our plan?"

"Lets go back in time and stop First Contact."

"How will we do that?"

"Using time travel capability the Borg have never used before, and wont ever use again."

"Ok. But why?"

"Then the Earth wont develop warp drive and will stay in a primitive state."

"But doesn't that mean there wont be any Federation to assimilate in the first place?"

"Shut up."
The Borg Queen explained all this to Picard - "You think in such three-dimensional terms"!

scrowe

1. Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan
2. Star Trek - The Motion Picture
3. Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country
4. Star Trek - First Contact
5. Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
6. Star Trek - The Movie (2009)
7. Star Trek III - The Search for Spock
8. Star Trek - Insurrection
9. Star Trek - Generations
10. Star Trek - Beyond
11. Star Trek - Into Darkness
12. Star Trek - Nemesis
13. Star Trek V - The Final Frontier

Soecial mention for Galaxy Quest which would otherwise be number 5 bumping the rest down 1.

brian s

Distinguished Member
1. Star Trek II - The Wrath of Khan
2. Star Trek - The Motion Picture
3. Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country
4. Star Trek - First Contact
5. Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home
6. Star Trek - The Movie (2009)
7. Star Trek III - The Search for Spock
8. Star Trek - Insurrection
9. Star Trek - Generations
10. Star Trek - Beyond
11. Star Trek - Into Darkness
12. Star Trek - Nemesis
13. Star Trek V - The Final Frontier

Soecial mention for Galaxy Quest which would otherwise be number 5 bumping the rest down 1.

Where would you place The Hunt For Red October? The best Star Trek film never made.

Bri

GrazzaB

I have a massive soft spot for Generations. I know it’s not traditionally the best by a long shot but I love seeing Patrick Stewart and William Shatner together, Malcolm McDowell is a great villain and the score is absolutely epic. Otherwise, with my more sensible hat on, my top three are 2,3 and 6!

scrowe

Where would you place The Hunt For Red October? The best Star Trek film never made.

Bri

I think the original episode "Balance of Terror" aptly and expertly dramatised a classic Silent Hunter submarine scenario, and Wrath of Khan did a fine job also.

Klippie

TOS Crew - The Wrath Of Khan followed by The Search For Spock and Undiscovered Country.

TNG Crew - I quite liked all of them...First Contact being the stand out movie.

Jar Jar Abrams Trek - When the 2009 movie came out I was quite excited about something new but as time has passed I now loathe them all, Zachary Quinto is about believable as Spock as Simon Pegg is as Scotty...thank Christ its now dead and buried...then Abrams was let loose on Star Wars and ruined that too.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Jar Jar Abrams Trek - When the 2009 movie came out I was quite excited about something new but as time has passed I now loathe them all, Zachary Quinto is about believable as Spock as Simon Pegg is as Scotty...thank Christ its now dead and buried...then Abrams was let loose on Star Wars and ruined that too.
Is Star Trek 4 dead then? :(

Klippie

When Star Trek 5 was released the ABC Cinema in Edinburgh did a special showing of Star Trek 1,2,3,4 followed by the new movie, the place was packed someone was throwing around an inflatable Enterprise it was a really good atmosphere, I'd never seen 2 and 3 on the big screen they were amazing to watch.

Then 5 was shown...I've never left a cinema so dissapointed in a Trek film.

Delta38

I loved the part of Christopher Lloyd as Klingon Kruge , He made a great Klingon.
In fact he played well in Back to the Future , But loved him as a Klingon.

Grimley

Number III. Why? I was working in a Cinema at the time it was on. Got to see it for free many times. Lloyd as kruge
(his end being kicked off a cliff into a lava sea a fitting one)
& the bird of prey ship.
Its one of my 'guilty pleasure' films & the very first star trek film I got to see in a cinema.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delta38

Hey Grimley I was Born in Hornchurch Essex , So I was an East Ender.
Came Out to Australia when I was Four Years Old , Now am almost 61 Years.
Living in Gawler South Australia.
Did like the Sequence of Christopher Lloyd being Booted Off the Cliff by Kirk.
What would the Doc say Great Scott !!!

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
When Star Trek 5 was released the ABC Cinema in Edinburgh did a special showing of Star Trek 1,2,3,4 followed by the new movie, the place was packed someone was throwing around an inflatable Enterprise it was a really good atmosphere, I'd never seen 2 and 3 on the big screen they were amazing to watch.

Then 5 was shown...I've never left a cinema so dissapointed in a Trek film.

When myself and then girlfriend went to watch ST5 The Final Frontier at the cinema, half way through I turned round to her and said 'Wanna leave and get something to eat? Because this is sh*t.' She said yes so we did. I'm pleased to say the meal was much better.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Current rankings
1614080171813.png

The gulf between 1 and 13 is about the same as the gulf between 2001: A Space Odyssey and Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Was it bourbon & beans?
You know its strange but as much as I dislike where Shatner
(looking for God but finding the Devil)
went with this movie, I really still enjoy those off duty camping/climbing moments in Yosemite National Park, maybe its the banter maybe its the score I don't know but they are endearing moments of friendship.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
You know its strange but as much as I dislike where Shatner
(looking for God but finding the Devil)
went with this movie, I really still enjoy those off duty camping/climbing moments in Yosemite National Park, maybe its the banter maybe its the score I don't know but they are endearing moments of friendship.

Agreed. My mates and I said the same, even back in the day. For all it's faults, it does do a great job of exploring the Kirk/Spock/McCoy trinity. It's why it goes higher up my rankings than some of the other 'bad ones'.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom