• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What is wrong with the world :(

snerkler

Distinguished Member
I just can't get my head around the attack on Manchester last night, nor any other attack like this tbh, words fail me. What goes through these people's minds I can't even begin to imagine. How we stop all this I just don't know, so so very sad :(

Thoughts are with all those affected.

Ataripower

It really hits hard when it's close to home. Reality is these kinds of attacks happen daily in some countries killing hundreds. How do you stop these people though

muljao

So Sad. When you look at the concert act and realize that the audience is generally very young it makes it even worse

Faldrax

Making an assumption about motivation here, but people have been abusing 'Religion' to try and force their particular ideology for centuries, and I fear will continue to do so.

Some that feel disillusioned with life get taken in by those who will manipulate them, give them a sense of belonging and purpose - however warped - become convinced that actions that are inconceivable to most us are somehow justified for some 'higher cause'.

We live in a society that regards freedom as an important aspect of life - and it is seemingly impossible to have both the freedoms we value to go about our lives unhindered, to say and do what we want (within the bounds of reasonable law), and to also give total protection against those who seek to commit such atrocities.

It is very sad, not only for the terrible injuries and loss of life, but also because such actions breed more hatred which in turn leads to more violence, and perpetuate the vicious cycle.

monkey butler

I was there. 100 feet away when we heard the explosion. Managed to drive my car to the bottom of the steps where all hell was breaking loose.

My wife jumped out of the car to try and find our daughter and her friend. It was horrible. Poor kids screaming crying and running out of the building.

We got home safe, very very late. Not dealing with it very well today, crying, nauseous, shaking. Guess it's shock.

This will stay with me forever. God knows what effect it'll have on my daughter.

shotokan101

Banned
Well said Toby - "Hearts and Prayers"

RajP

Distinguished Member
I had tears in my eyes yesterday while reading the stories about this... very very sad indeed.. not sure when or how this can be stopped. I can only describe the problem that we have left unchecked for 40 years under the guise of political correctness and now its come back to bite us and that's not just use, but most of the western world.

Emka

if I ever was into believing in any kind of life after death,
in any religion system suggesting of such places like heaven/hell or so,
I am 100% sure that such persons that are specifically and in full knowledge targeting kids and teens,
after they die would be for ever ever burning in the fires of the worst hells,
even more so because the do such despicable sins in the name of a merciful god,
the same god under another name of the children victims the have so early forced to the best heavens

thedude

Distinguished Member
people who make off-topic threads....

shotokan101

Banned
...and ^^^^^^ Unfeeling Pillocks....

newbie1

Distinguished Member
@monkey butler very sorry to hear....reach out for the help and support you and your family need now and in the future....

damo_in_sale

I just can't get my head around the attack on Manchester last night, nor any other attack like this tbh, words fail me. What goes through these people's minds I can't even begin to imagine. How we stop all this I just don't know, so so very sad :(

Thoughts are with all those affected.

We will remain bewildered for as long as we remain ignorant of the conduct of the man who dictated the literal 'word of God' 1400 years ago. The same is true of the resulting document- just read it.

My strong advice is that whenever you hear someone quote the document in question, you check for yourself. Don't just read the quote in question, but read a few versus before and a few versus after. Anyone with a smartphone has the document in their hands.

I don't bother listening to media folks or politicians on the subject because they're mostly ignorant of the subject and those who are not self censor due to practicalities.

I took my lad, when he was only three, through that same lobby, now smeared in blood, to see 'real' dinosaurs- a special father and son memory for me. Manchester is our town.

Given the calibre of our current leaders in the West, and public understanding, I am not optimistic.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The morality of it has nothing at all to do with anyones religious beliefs or what may or may not be wriiten in any religious text. Even if the Koran had instructed someone to enact such an act or legitimised it then it would still be morally wrong to carry such an act out. Besides this, the Koran does not dictate or excuse such crimes and only those wishing to pervert the Islamic faith for their own nefarious cause are to blame. This is unfortunately the same kind of perversion that has given rise to other faiths being misused in similar ways in the past. Very few faiths have escaped such misappropriation.

I'm not religious and have no belief in any god or deity, but I do know the difference between wrong and right. In this instance or similar instances, religion can only be used as an misappropriated excuse for moral ignorance.

shotokan101

Banned
Well said

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
I always ask what people thought about kicking out all the Catholics, "back to where they came from", for the 30 years that the IRA were actively blowing British people up? After all, they're all catholics aren't they. Obviously, they were a much higher calibre of scummy terrorists because they phoned ahead. Then there's also the catholic priests who have spent even longer abusing young children, supposedly in their care. But again, they're good god-fearing catholics so it's ok..

As above, I'm not a follower of any faith but that doesn't mean I can lump every person of one faith together with a tiny minority who abuse that faith for their own gains.

damo_in_sale

. Besides this, the Koran does not dictate or excuse such crimes and only those wishing to pervert the Islamic faith for their own nefarious cause are to blame.

Given the certainty of your statement, I'm just wondering how you arrived at your conclusion?

Last edited:

Emka

^ me guess he does not take wisdom poems as literal instructions, the same way that biblical wisdom is masqueraded in a nice set of fairy tale stories similarly cruel if you take them literally

there can be no religion specifically targeting children in any culture - it is a fundamental contradiction any way you may look at it, even if you are just scum aiming for global domination through bloodbath you need future folks to rule so you are not destroying them

anyway, I think it is pretty obvious a sane person never forgets the frame religion systems were established in and the addition of extra yada-yada by people with specific power interests through the centuries as to not follow blindly instructions obviously lacking ANY divine foundation like "kill children" however infidel they may be

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom