What is wrong with my Playbook?

monkey business

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a playbook over the Xmas period and have been experiencing problems with standy mode.

Here's the problem.

I check the battery and it's at 90% so I put it in standby mode and go to bed. I wake up the next day to wake it from standby mode and nothing happens. I swipe the screen and hold down the power button. Nothing. The only way to switch on the system is to plug in the wall charger. As soon as I plug that in I get a red light for 10 seconds, then I get a blnking green light followed by a red light. After all this the playbook then switches on and my battery is roughly the same as when I left it.

This isn't just a one off as I have experienced this many times.

Any help would be appreciated.

How are you putting it in standby mode? All you need to do is tap the battery icon and then tap standby instead of pressing the power button.

If you do use the power button, a short press is all that's needed to put it in standby mode and to wake it up. No need to press and hold the power button as you described.

Hope this helps :smashin:

Putting it in standby by pressing the battery icon and selecting standby.

8hrs later i try waking it by swiping the screen and pressing power button and nothing happens. Only way to switch it on is to plug it in.

Hmm, have you tried restarting the PlayBook? DO have all the latest updates installed?

I've not had this problem on mine, I put it into standby by tapping the battery icon and then tapping the standby icon.

To wake it up, I briefly press the power button and it springs to life. Not had to swipe or anything to wake it up, I didn't even know this was possible :eek:

*runs off to swipe PlayBook and see if it wakes up*

I've seen a couple do this (but then, over 200 have passed by so far... and counting) and they needed to go back under warranty, RIM acknowledged the fault.

monkey business said:
Hi,

I bought a playbook over the Xmas period and have been experiencing problems with standy mode.

Here's the problem.

I check the battery and it's at 90% so I put it in standby mode and go to bed. I wake up the next day to wake it from standby mode and nothing happens. I swipe the screen and hold down the power button. Nothing. The only way to switch on the system is to plug in the wall charger. As soon as I plug that in I get a red light for 10 seconds, then I get a blnking green light followed by a red light. After all this the playbook then switches on and my battery is roughly the same as when I left it.

This isn't just a one off as I have experienced this many times.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would do a factory reset and then test as it may be an app that's draining all the power over night. Factory wipe it then leave over night in standby and see what it's like. If ok then add 1 app try it etc. mine is fine overnight on standby. Also switch off wifi before factory wipe, it might be keeping itself awake, or router or something keeping it awake.

Dodgy_Geezer said:
Hmm, have you tried restarting the PlayBook? DO have all the latest updates installed?

I've not had this problem on mine, I put it into standby by tapping the battery icon and then tapping the standby icon.

To wake it up, I briefly press the power button and it springs to life. Not had to swipe or anything to wake it up, I didn't even know this was possible :eek:

*runs off to swipe PlayBook and see if it wakes up*

To wake it from standby swipe from bottom of bezel to top of bezel.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom