Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

what is/will be best type of screen for HDTV??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by phetttt, Aug 14, 2005.

1. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

Shortly I will be returning my Sagem Hd L-27 to QVC.

I have read these forums for months in preparation for getting a HD screen of some kind.
    I bought an unscaling dvd player (denon 1910), soft-modded my xbox, got component cables for my gc when I was in Japan.

So when I saw the Sagem for £700 on QVC I jumped at the chance. However, I was left dissapointed, although I was happy using the xbox, ( some games like pgr3 and doom were too dark) the screen was giving me eye strain after watching for a prolonged time (eg 1 1/2 hours) and I noticed that If watching a dvd when the camera panned to a scene there would be a judder.

Could this be down to response time? Instead of being blown away by dvd I was annoyed and had sore eyes!

So my point is- should I look at plasma or dlp or even an optoma movietime projector, or chuck it and sell my denon & stick to my 24 inch toshiba?

Do plasma and dlps suffer from poor response times?

Or even wait 5 years? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful…

ps yes i have posted this in the hdtv & dlp tv forums!!