What is Viera Cast

sn196

Hi all i have the 42G10 and am about to change for a 50G10 due to fault with the 42. I noticed that the G10 has a thing called Viera Cast...what is this??

Ive read that you can view on demand vids from amazon...is this true? If so how would i set this up?

Jon P

Viera cast allows you to watch videos, photos and information straight form the internet using widgets. for example there are you tube widgets and picasa widgets. More widgets hopefully to follow. It requires an internet connection.

BarryMcKelvey

Hi all i have the 42G10 and am about to change for a 50G10 due to fault with the 42. I noticed that the G10 has a thing called Viera Cast...what is this??

Ive read that you can view on demand vids from amazon...is this true? If so how would i set this up?

Hi

The G10 doesnt have Viera Cast, unless u meant the V10? Video On Demand from Amazon is only avaliable from the USA.

Baz

chaosrealm

Novice Member
can you add additional widgets or are they ony factory standard ?

chaosrealm

Novice Member
wonder what widgets they will be ???

any ideas how they will update them

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Ive got a G10 but I can honestly say that the Viera Cast function has no appeal to me whatsoever. I havent even got my blu-ray player connected for BD-live - just doesnt interest me (and BD-live slows things down a bit which makes it even more unappealing!). I like keeping the computer and the internet way away from the TV - maybe its just me but if I want to check things on the net, Ill go on the net, cant be bothered with some pseudo-net thing on the tv/blu-ray!

Just my opinion though of course! :)

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Ive got a G10 but I can honestly say that the Viera Cast function has no appeal to me whatsoever. I havent even got my blu-ray player connected for BD-live - just doesnt interest me (and BD-live slows things down a bit which makes it even more unappealing!). I like keeping the computer and the internet way away from the TV - maybe its just me but if I want to check things on the net, Ill go on the net, cant be bothered with some pseudo-net thing on the tv/blu-ray!

Just my opinion though of course! :)

I'm the same, I'd rather have a dedicated computer to check something on the net, it'll do the job better and the TV will be free for someone else if they so wish to use it.

mutleyeng

Standard Member
I'm the same, I'd rather have a dedicated computer to check something on the net, it'll do the job better and the TV will be free for someone else if they so wish to use it.

well, its all in the eye of the beholder i think huh.
BUT, ive had my 42V10 for a few days now, and i would say 40% of what i have watched has been youtube vi viera cast.
It is FANTASTIC.
of course i could do the same on my computer...but, i dont know why, it just isnt the same at all. I guess its because its right there in your tv remote...nothing on you want to see, go to viera cast. the interface is superb, it quick and easy to find just what you want, and, the vids themselves actually look pretty darn good on the panny even in full screen. thats variable of course, but most the content i watch handles the full screen very well indeed.
For someone like me that loves science and educational content, viera cast is just the bees knees . Im watching all the TED lectures at the moment...way over my head for the most part, but rather that than eastenders.
so, its a big thumbs up from me.
I would like toi understand it a little more though... like how does it decide what vids to offer you from your subscription channels...it certainly limits how many you have access to.

presumably at some time in the future we will get video on demand from some provider or other...hopefully amazon uk will have that in the pipeline

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom