Question What is this weird scrolling line I have on my 55" KS8000? (video inside)

J4g3d

Established Member
Reaction score
So, i have reset the tv to original settings.

I've removed all HDMI from the one connect, and used just the inbuilt apps like ITV/BBC i player..etc. The weird flashing/scrolling bar doesn't go away regardless of what image/receiving im using. Its very annoying, makes me look away from what im watching to focus on the line. Can be so bad that wherever the line is, the bottom half of the screen from the line kind of flashes as the line is scrolling.

What is this?

Is it in Game Mode?

Why did you reset it?

Switch it off at the wall and set it back to factory settings.

Haven't seen that before, but it looks like external interference.

The interference could be caused by a nearby LED light or from any very close electrical equipment (amp, tuner, blu-ray player etc).

Could also be interference from the mains.

Just a thought - and it might not be interference. Could be a problem with the TV panel.

Strange one though.

Haven't seen that before, but it looks like external interference.

The interference could be caused by a nearby LED light or from any very close electrical equipment (amp, tuner, blu-ray player etc).

Could also be interference from the mains.

Just a thought - and it might not be interference. Could be a problem with the TV panel.

Strange one though.

Hmm, its not like any external interference ive seen on youtube videos. External interference seems to effect most if not all of the screen. But I do have a LED ceiling light in the same room, and 2 LED lights in the neighbouring kitchen, But even with them off, i still get the issue. Nothing else has changed since i installed the tv on Saturday. The previous Sony LED tv i had on before didn't have this issue, which makes me think it has to be a panel issue.

It did it again all morning today as well, but its not currently doing it right now.

Nobody had this or seen this issue on a KS8000 or similar 2016/2017 range QLED tvs?

The scrolling line has disappeared now and instead, the left side of the panel flashes or flickers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom