Question What is this small floating bar in the bottom right corner of my samsung tv?

Rschdv

Novice Member
I have a small floating bar in the bottom right of my ue40D6530 samsung tv? It shows 7 icons, one above another. (please see images below)

And please how do I get rid of it?
I have to switch the tv off from the mains plug to get rid of it but it comes back after an hour or so. And the remote does not work when it is on screen. Please help! Thanks

20180830_090705_HDR.jpg

20180830_090705_HDR.jpg

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
That looks similar to the symbols which appear on my H6700, when it detects my wireless mouse. They disappear soon as I turn the mouse off though. Have you got anything like that linked to the tv?

Rschdv

Novice Member
Hi
Thanks for the reply.

No, i don't have anything like that connected to the tv.. No wireless devices.
I only have a roku and sky box attached to it

Is that bar in your manual?
I can't find anything about it anywhere

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Found it in a section relating to using the mouse...

Using the Mouse
Once a USB or Bluetooth mouse is connected to the TV, a pointer will appear on the TV's screen. You
can use this pointer to control the TV as you would a computer.
● Selecting and Running an Item
Left-click on the mouse.
● Displaying the Volume, Mute, and Channel Buttons
Select the volume/channel icon on the screen while watching TV. Use the onscreen buttons to
adjust the volume or switch the channel.
" Select the volume/channel icon again to hide the buttons.
● Showing shortcut icons
Right-clicking shows the shortcut icons buttons on the screen so that you can easily use the TV
functions

and what it looks like....

IMG_20180830_184806.jpg

Rschdv

Novice Member
Hi

Thanks for the reply.
They do look similar but I don't have anything connected to the tv. And I cant get rid of it once it's on the screen.
I have noticed that the icons represent the physical buttons on the side of the tv, which are on the bottom right of the too.
(see photo enclosed)
Could it be a legend to show what the buttons are?
Does anyone know how to get rid of it once it appears on screen.
It is so annoying!
Thanks for all the help!

20180831_093218.jpg
20180831_093218.jpg

Rschdv

Novice Member
Think I figured it out.
When the menu appeared I went to touch one of the physical buttons on the tv. As I touch it the corresponding icon on the screen lit up! When i touched another button the corresponding icon for that button lit up so the buttons are touch sensitive and the menu is a legend to know what u are pressing!
When it came on by itself maybe some dust or a wire touched it, or the tv might be going faulty.
Attatched pics to show
Thanks for the help everyone
20180831_113953.jpg
20180831_113956.jpg
20180831_113956.jpg
20180831_113953.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom