1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by PC_112, May 24, 2005.

1. PC_112

PC_112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello,

I got a set top box which included the "Mini-DIN" cable in the picture.

Can somebody tell me what are the 6 cables about? ( I know the yellow is composite, and two other cables are for sound, but what are the rest 3 cables for?)

Attached Files:

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    What set-top box is it? If I didn't know better I'd say it looks more like composite plus RGBHV.

3. PC_112

PC_112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Its the Amino set top box. I got it with Mivision (a service in Cyprus). I also got a Mini-Din to scart cable, but I can't use that one.

I don't know exactly what this cable is about because its not on their website:
    http://www.mivision.com.cy/english/odiges_settop_box.php

I am about to buy a home cinema system with a projector and I wouldn't like to connect this with composite as I do now on my TV.

any ideas of how I can connect this thing to a receiver apart from composite?

Also, anybody know what this "mini-Din" connection is about? Can I get a Mini-Din to S-video cable from somewhere?

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    My guess would be RGBcvS plus stereo audio

Mark.

5. skourip

skourip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear PC-112
    I am facing the same problem. The cable you have carries two audio channels, one composite video and RGB. This type of video connection is
    Known as RGB, because it consists of the three basic
    color components: red (R), green (G) and blue (B). In addition to that you need sync info which is sometimes combined with the green video. I believe that this is the case with the amino cable CYTA provides. I have a high def projector (PE8700) and was also trying to get the best signal out of the aminet110. Unfortunately my projector (like most) only takes RGBHV which is not available through the aminet110. The only real option is a mini-DIN to component cable (YpbPr) which the amino according to their specs supports but CYTA does NOT carry!! So now I am I contact with their engineers to get the mini-DIN pin layout and try to make my own cable. If you want an update on this let me know.