What is there to look forward to?

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my Wii, I have only bought Wii Play as the other titles do not catch my fancy (apart from Raving Rabbids, but I think I would only play that for 5 mins before it gathers dust!) I have bought Zelda for the Cube, rather than the Wii, as I feel it will be better suited to pad play.

Therefore I was just wondering which AAA titles will be making the most out of the platform in 2007?

For my Wii, I have only bought Wii Play as the other titles do not catch my fancy (apart from Raving Rabbids, but I think I would only play that for 5 mins before it gathers dust!) I have bought Zelda for the Cube, rather than the Wii, as I feel it will be better suited to pad play.

Therefore I was just wondering which AAA titles will be making the most out of the platform in 2007?

Super mario Galaxy, Metroid prime 3, elebits, trauma centre to name a few

Theres quite a few titles im looking forward to:

Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Prince of Persia
Excite Truck
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Trauma Centre: Second Opinion
Super Swing Golf
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Battalion Wars 2
Mario Strikers Charged
Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
Big Brain Academy
Forever Blue
Wii Music
Final Fantasy (not sure if this will be 2007)

Thanks guys, there does genuinely seem to be some great games on the horizon!

I forgot about MP3 - the control mechanism seems perfect for the game! Also looking forward to Trauma centre!

Second that...I am really looking forward to Tiger Wood 2007....

But I am impressed with the lineup of some of the others....

The problem with the Wii is I'm so used to waiting on big franchises with other consoles that when I see a list of games I've not heard of before being released they dont excite me. I then look into the games behind the names and I cant help but like the sound of so many now.

Far Cry looks to be making brilliant use of the control system.

Trauma Center
Excite Truck
Tiger Woods
Metroid Prime

All on my horizon atm....:thumbsup:

I haven't heard much about Excite Truck, apart from the fact that it's meant to be quite cool to control. Anyone heard good things about it?

The two main ones are Mario Galaxy & Metroid 3 :Corruption. TBH Zelda is superb via the Wii controller - aiming is great and fighting is far more satifying than ever before in a Zelda game.

I guess other ones to look forward to are - Warioware, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Trauma Centre and Excite Truck.

Out of the current games I do like Red Steel as well. :)

The problem with the Wii is I'm so used to waiting on big franchises with other consoles

Sorry to pick up on this, but you have to be kidding?

The titles listed are possibly the longest running and biggest franchises in the business....

Mario
Zelda
Metroid
Castlevania
Advance Wars (Battalion Wars in this case)

They are all Nintendo core franchises and if you can find anything bigger I would be surprised.......... even my parents know who Mario is, my gran doesn't but that is because she forgets her own name on occasions!

Hehehe, just out of interest, how old are you? I think maybe you are one of the poor ones who only have the playstation generation to look back on :)

Sorry to pick up on this, but you have to be kidding?

The titles listed are possibly the longest running and biggest franchises in the business....

Mario
Zelda
Metroid
Castlevania
Advance Wars (Battalion Wars in this case)

They are all Nintendo core franchises and if you can find anything bigger I would be surprised.......... even my parents know who Mario is, my gran doesn't but that is because she forgets her own name on occasions!

Hehehe, just out of interest, how old are you? I think maybe you are one of the poor ones who only have the playstation generation to look back on :)

Indeed, do franchises come any bigger than Mario or Zelda in the gaming world! :rolleyes: They are only responsible for some of the greatest video games ever coded.

Indeed, do franchises come any bigger than Mario or Zelda in the gaming world!

Leisure Suit Larry :rotfl:

Leisure Suit Larry :rotfl:

The classics when I was so young and inocent and did not get some of the "hidden" things in LSL :D

The two main ones are Mario Galaxy & Metroid 3 :Corruption. TBH Zelda is superb via the Wii controller - aiming is great and fighting is far more satifying than ever before in a Zelda game.

Indeed and according to this article, it seems that Metroid could be out in early 2007! :clap:

Indeed and according to this article, it seems that Metroid could be out in early 2007! :clap:

That's great, I hope so. Was a little disapointed to read about Mario being March-December but I guess it makes sense to not have two huge franchises releasing so close together.

Mercury meltdown is also in development. It utilizes full tilt support so should be a real gaming challenge.

I loved the first and haven't played the second [as I sold my psp] so I am really looking forward to it...:clap:

Mercury meltdown is also in development. It utilizes full tilt support so should be a real gaming challenge.

I loved the first and haven't played the second [as I sold my psp] so I am really looking forward to it...:clap:

Agreed that would be ideal!

I'm going to be very careful when it comes to Mario. I like the originals (lovin' the DS one) but Mario Sunshine is just about the most frustrating game i've ever played. I hate it, there i said it :D . I hope Galaxy is much better or at least fun.

You may now begin flaming me. :hiya:

I'm going to be very careful when it comes to Mario. I like the originals (lovin' the DS one) but Mario Sunshine is just about the most frustrating game i've ever played. I hate it, there i said it :D . I hope Galaxy is much better or at least fun.

You may now begin flaming me. :hiya:

Though I wouldn't go as far as to say that I hated Sunshine, it certainly was the worst proper Mario game that I have played.I found it very frustrating and this is from somebody who rates Mario as being some of the best games ever made.
It did seem to lack the usual Miyamoto mgic.

However, I don't think we need to worry too much about Galaxy.Initial impressions have been very favourable indeed, going as far as to say that it could be the best Mario game to date.(which would put it among the all time greats)

Nobody looking forward to the Dragon Ball Z?
Or Final Fantasy?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom