1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the use of the "magnetic ring" over the Z1's power cord ??? power filter ???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AVJ, Jul 7, 2004.

1. AVJ

AVJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear all Sanyo Z1 owners !

(1) Do anyone of you know what is the use of the "magnetic ring" over the Sanyo Z1's power cord come with the projector ?

If I need to change to a "DIY longer" power cord, do I still need to re-attach this magnetic ring as well (but I am not sure whether that ring can be easily removed from the old power cord or not ???)

(2) On the other hand, do anyone of you have used your Sanyo Z1 with a power conditioner/surge protector ??? Will it really improve the picture quality of the Z1 ?

I owed a Furutech 168 power filter/surge protector, and used for my DVD Player, CD Player, Surround Amp, and Tube Amp; but still not yet used for the projector --- because the distance between the two are too far away.

Looking forward for any advice / opinion on the above questions & thanks in advance !!!

2. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Its called a ferrite core. It is meant to help stop any interference coming from the power supply to the PJ that could effect picture quality.

Some people love them, some people think they dont help at all. Persoanally I dont think there is any harm. When I bought my Plasma they supplied absolutely loads of these things to clips on to power cables, component cables you name it.