What is the temperature equivalent of Warm, Medium and Cool on an LG tv?

Mrwibble

Novice Member
Reaction score
It was only recently that I grasped this enigmatic notion of TV calibration. I've been profusely researching every tiny detail about attaining the optimum picture, from detail damaging picture enhancements to colour temperature. I believe I've set everything up correctly so far, my settings are thus:

Backlight: 60 (I have it pretty high because my TV is situated in a position with direct ambient light shining at it)
Contrast: 86
Brightness: 54
Sharpness (H/V): 55
Colour: 55
Colour temperature: Warm

Now, it is to my understanding that D65 (or 6500K) is the correct temperature to produce the most natural whites, and that 'Warm' is the closest setting on TVs which reproduces this the best. However, I read up somewhere that the 'Medium' setting is in fact 6500K and 'Warm' is 5400K (I'm aware that the lower the temperature, the redder the image looks). Can anyone clear any misconceptions I have and list the temperature equivalents to each preset?

Another question: I know video content is recorded at D65, but what about video games? Should the outputs to my PS3 and PS4 be set to warm as well? I've tried warm, it looks nice on films/tv but hideous on games.

Adjust the settings to what looks good to you, don't get hung up on figures and start enjoying the content.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom