1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the smallest MicroDV Camcorder ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Biglad_UK, Jul 26, 2003.

1. Biglad_UK

Biglad_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I'm torn between the Canon MV6 and the JVC GR-DVP9. They both look tiny on the web but I haven't seen either in the flesh.
    Can someone please advise which is the smallest/best or throw any addtional camcorders into the pot.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Oh Yeah.....it must be Mac ( IMovie) compatible

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Be careful with MicroMV as these camcorders are often NOT compatable with editing programmes as it is a Sony only format. A lot of the newer versions of programmes are starting to build in compatability for MV, but not all and not old versions.
    Although slightly bigger, you might be better going for a DV camcorder as all of these will be ok with iMovie.

Mark.

3. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the JVC which I got at a good price from Amazon (in the UK) ... surprise! Much less than the price at Computeruniverse in Germany or locally here in Dublin.

Anyway I am very pleased with it and I have had not compatability problems (I use Premier 6.5 and a number of other programs). I am using a PC rather than Apple. The unit is very well built.

4. Peter Shilton

Peter Shilton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Sony IP7 and I haven't seen anything smaller.

5. AndySee

AndySee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I thought MicroDV was only used by Sony (in the IP7) The JVC uses Mini DV, so no format compatibility problems. I have a DP3 and really like it, the DP9 has the benefit of DV out and slightly higher CCD. It fits very well in a pocket too.