1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the size of your AV room ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jazzartist, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is the size of your Audio Video Room . What is the viewing Distance from your seat to the Screen . Are you satsified with your room size? If not what is your desired AV room size?

Jazzartist

2. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    2.5m x 4.5m

It's a bit norrow, but at least it's nice and long. I sit about 3m from the screen. I'd like it to be wider - that way, I could put up a wider screen, although then I'd have to sit further back probably, so it would have to be longer to boot! But hey ho - I'm reasonably happy with it for now - will try for something bigger when we move next.

3. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mr. Bump ,

By the way how big is the TV/ Projector ?

Jazzartist

4. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It's a projector and the current screen is about 70 inches. The projector supports up to 246 (!) inches, but the throw is quite long, so you'd need one hell of a big room to get that!

5. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,133
    Hi Jazzartist

My hc room/office is 3mtrs wide x 5mtrs long into a dormer type window.My projector is a Sanyo Z1 which is sited on top of a 3 draw filling cabinet firing onto a magnolia wall.Pj is approx 12ft from wall and throws a 120" diagonal image.I sit 12ft from screen and whilst there is some screendoor it really is not noticable unless I move closer to the screen.

6. Jazzartist

Jazzartist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hallo Kbfern,

Thats nice system you have. Do you feel comfortable at this viewing distance ? My present AV room is bigger 20 feet by 16 feet , very soon i will be shifting in new place where the AV room size will be about 17 feet by 11 feet . I will have 43 inch Projection in this room in another room which is actully living room bigger in size 20 feet by 20 feet I intend to use Projector . I think the viewing distance in this case would be 17 feet from the sitting place to the screen . As for thr projection screen of 43 inch I canot manage viewing distance of more then 11 feet . What do you think is this enough for comfortable viewing ?Regards.

Jazzartist

7. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Room will be, when I finish it, 14 ft by 9.5ft.
    Sitting approx 13 ft from screen which is 8ft corner to corner.
    I would like a bigger room but we can't have everything.
    I use a Panny AE100 via a HCPC which in a blacked out room looks very nice indeed.

Ta

Chris

8. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Jazzartist; a good rule of thumb to follow is this: For optimum viewing, your screen width should be half the distance you are away from it. So if you sit 11ft away, the screen really shouldn't be more than about 6ft wide (the same as mine) or else it will be uncomfortable to watch.

9. Jim v2.0

Jim v2.0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a 30ft by 13ft loft room, pool table at one end and the projector at the other (z1 ceiling mounted with 92" screen). All neat and tidy so it keeps the misus happy ;)

10. (GTV)Chris

(GTV)Chris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Ooooo You lucky &@s7@*d...that sound amazing. Pool table and projector, bet ya got one of those fab little beer fridges n'all.
    :smoke:

C

11. Jim v2.0

Jim v2.0
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny you should say that. Been looking for one as I can't be arsed walking all the way down stairs for a beer.:zonked: