What is the recommended height for Wall mounting?

J

Jak-B

Hi

I have a 32" Plasma, and want to wall mount it, I need some guidance on how high I can mount it.

I want to keep it as high off from floor level as is practical, as I'm mounting it on a 'feature' wall in my lounge - so it would look a little odd if it was too far down, but at the same time I don't want people to have to strain their neck when watching from sitting on the Sofa...

Also any recommendations for a wall bracket?

ideally it should be at eye level from your seating position

A good piece of advice I was given - get a bit of cardboard or paper etc and make it the same saize as your TV. Then stick it on the wall and see how it looks when you sit where you'd normally sit.

I guarantee you will put it too high to begin with as you will put it at mirror or picture height - which is way too high. Mine's about a metre from the floor and is maybe a touch too high.

40" from floor to bottom of screen is near on perfect. Although it does depend on how far away you are sitting. 8.5 feet should be okay with this estimate.

The idea of using a ‘paper doll’ to experiment with placement is a good one. I suggest putting a dot in the center of it then placing it where you are most comfortable with looking at the dot when seated. As was already mentioned, placing the display too high to common. I used to have my 35-in crt sitting on a 12-in pedestal because at that height the center of the screen was at eyeball level when sitting on the couch.

Something else to consider is your seating, does it recline? Recliners allow you to mount to the display higher on the wall, but you may need to tilt the top out, away from the wall.

I agree with Dando :smashin:

Eye level might be optimum but don't get bogged down with it :eek:

The cardboard cut out is the way to go. We ended up with our 42" screen about 42" off the floor. Its lower than the picture that was originally in its place.

Also, I agree with the good advice to take into account seat distance. Ours ranges from about 6-12 feet and is perfect - no neck ache :thumbsup:

Mine's about 1.1m, which means the bottom of the screen is just above eye level, but has the infinite advantage of putting the screen out of reach of the children.

Perfectly comfortable viewing position from 8.5ft for a determined sloucher like me.

Jak-B said:
Hi

I have a 32" Plasma, and want to wall mount it, I need some guidance on how high I can mount it.

I want to keep it as high off from floor level as is practical, as I'm mounting it on a 'feature' wall in my lounge - so it would look a little odd if it was too far down, but at the same time I don't want people to have to strain their neck when watching from sitting on the Sofa...

Also any recommendations for a wall bracket?

You do have to take into consideration what the plasma actually looks like in the room as well as how nice it is to watch.

Normally, a plasma mounted at eye level is probably better off on a stand, rather than being wall mounted so low.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom