What is the official price for Blu-Ray software?

Rob20

And how does it compare with HD-DVD. With dvd's ranging from £20-25, though generally £20 for single, I was wondering what the official rrp was for Blu-Ray discs.

mremulator

And how does it compare with HD-DVD. With dvd's ranging from £20-25, though generally £20 for single, I was wondering what the official rrp was for Blu-Ray discs.

Well... most titles are £17.99 in Blockbuster. However, online price seems to be between £14-£22, so £17.99 as an average seems about right.

HugoFJH

Seems like there is a bigger difference depending on how successful the film was (Im guessing) than the price of a similar dvd

Some hd-dvd and blu ray are £10 and yet others are around £30 but I would agree that street price average is around £18 and on the net its about £14/15 for both types

Rob20

Yes, but what is the offcial RRP for discs? not what shops on the high street or online charge, but what the studios set.

Prices vary from each studio. I tend to find that Fox are the most expensive and around £24. Most other studios are about £18.

Rob20

Fair enough. Odd though, that PS3 games have a rrp of either £39.99 for first party, £49.99 for third, yet Blu-Ray/HD-DVD discs can't do the same.:confused:

PlexShaw

Sony have set the SRP for their PS3 titles as £39.99. What third party publishers choose to set the SRP for their titles at is up to them - it's not actually set at £49.99, but most publishers seem to be opting for this price point (probably because it keeps the price in line with their Xbox 360 titles).

Blu-ray and HD-DVD are different beasts entirely. What you're effectively saying is no different from asking, say, "Why can't all DVD's have the same SRP?" - it's just not going to happen.

As others have said, the movie studios set the SRP for their titles on Blu-ray or HD-DVD and it is not a matter for the Blu-ray Disc Association or DVD Forum.

RGP

They had XXX in my local BB for £12.99p, but some are in there are upto £23.99p.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom