What is the easiest way of transferring Sky+ onto DVD's?

the_singh

Standard Member
I got lost of programmes on my Sky+ box and the hard disk is filling up. I need to transfer the programmes to DVD so i can store. I also have some HD recordings as well. How can I transfer all this to DVD WITHOUT any lose in quality.
Thanks

Hopalong

Novice Member
connect your sky+ box to a dvd recorder via optical connection.Unfortunately theres no speedy way of recording .i.e if a recorded programmes is 2 hours long it will take 2 hours to transfer to disc.
Hope this helps.

Andrew_arkless

Novice Member
connect your sky+ box to a dvd recorder via optical connection.Unfortunately theres no speedy way of recording .i.e if a recorded programmes is 2 hours long it will take 2 hours to transfer to disc.
Hope this helps.
I think not - the optical connection transfers digital sound not picture.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Connect your Sky box to a DVD recorder using an AV Connection for sound and picture. If you have a usable RGB output on the Sky box, and the DVD Player as an RGB input, then use these. Most probably they will be SCART connections. You'll need to set the Sky box to output RGB to get the best possible transfer quality. If you can't use RGB, then use SVideo, which is very nearly as good. Do not use "Composite Video (aka "Video" aka CVBS) if you can avoid it. And then play and record........

the_singh

Standard Member
Would using TV capture cards works? Will this be more/less efficient?
Also, is it possible to record HD video onto DVD's. What will I need for this?
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom