• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

what is the differnce in these ?

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
PX70 is HD Ready but not full 1080P

PZ70 is full 1080P

PZ700 is an uprated version of the PZ70 I think with more bells & whistles

Damien

Established Member
PZ70 is newer than the PZ700 however there are some differences.

PZ70 - Better contrast
PZ700 - Better speakers
PZ70 - 2 HDMI
PZ700 - 3 HDMI
PZ700 about £400 more to buy

D

funkyspider

Prominent Member
So basically the additional cost from PZ70 to PZ700 is paying for better inbuilt sound system and an additional HDMI. The image processing and the panel are identical.

Personally I'd save the extra cost and put it towards an external sound system (if you dont have one).

The PX70 is supposed to be slightly better to viewing SD material from freeview/sky etc from reading what other owners have said.

I am just deciding between PX70 or PZ70 myself - Im pretty sure I've ruled out the Samsung LCD now. I'm leaning towards the PZ70 for £899 from John Lewis as it's only £200 dearer than the PX70 if you get them to price match, but I don't know whether I'm just being drawn in by the 'Full HD' ...

Linkfest
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/televisions/0,39030219,49294037,00.htm
http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/tv/tvs-displays/plasma/review/panasonic-th-42pz70
http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2007/10/23/Panasonic-Viera-TH-42PZ70-42in-plasma-TV/p1

http://www.*/Panasonic-TH42PZ70B/
http://www.*/Panasonic-TH42PX70/

chrispeters

Established Member
i might help you to clear this up.....i bought a px70 the same time (and store) my dad got the pz70...
We got them home and ran them....results...
SD on the PZ70 was slightly better...slightly clearer lines.. A bit nicer color
Not much in it though ....(Not 200 quids worth)

HD exactly the same on both we could not tell the difference (running die hard 4 on the highest settings)...

Must not forget that neither of these plasma`s have had their "burn in" period yet....so this could change after 200 hours......
Both TV`s are excellent quality dont forget... the 42PZ70 ... and the 42PX70 are totally different in size...which swayed my decision into gettin the PX.....The PZ is long as hell...but not so deep.....(too long for the corner we wanted her in )
The PX is not as long..but quite a bit higher (this suited my house better)
The sound on the PZ in WAY better than the PX...but most people with plasma`s have surround sound...so this should not apply !!!!!!

funkyspider

Prominent Member
It depends how close you sit, how good your eyesight is, and if you've got everything set up right.

Yes.

I saw a 42PX and 42PZ, not side by side, but running the same HD promo feed in shops and thought the PX was softer around the edges - mainly of the logo's and writing. Not unpleasant, burred etc - just softer edges. Both seemed respectable, I'm just leaning towards the PZ as I think it would be better for the Xbox 360 whilst still being good enough to watch SD feeds for now.

chrispeters

Established Member
You certainly will NOT be dissapointed with either of these tv`s....they are both excellent !!!PS3 and 360 both look unreal on my PX70 and on my dads PZ70....(using hdmi)....
U cant go wrong with these 2 tv`s IMO !!!!
Even the crappy virgin cable (scart) upscales pretty well too on both TV`s...i am very impressed...well done panasonic !!

Damien

Established Member
when you say hd ready or full hd , what does that mean

HD Ready = 1024 x 768 pixels
Full HD = 1920 x 1080 pixels.

A HD ready can accept a HD signal but does displays it differently i beleive.

Someone will be along in a mo to tell you exactly.

D

eas4uk

Established Member
Full HD is native res of 1920 x 1080 + HDMI ports

HD ready is a lower res required (1024 x 768 maybe cant remember) , but HDMI port(s) are still required to get the badge

eas4uk

Established Member
Ooh you just beat me to it ;)

Damien

Established Member
Full HD is native res of 1920 x 1080 + HDMI ports

HD ready is a lower res required (1024 x 768 maybe cant remember) , but HDMI port(s) are still required to get the badge

I have a HD Ready Philips, coming up to 3 years old and that does not have HDMI, it does have DVI though.

D

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
I have a HD Ready Philips, coming up to 3 years old and that does not have HDMI, it does have DVI though.

D

Yep, DVI = HDMI without the sound. ish. :) And HD can be transmitted over component anyway.

YellowSphere

Prominent Member
I am just deciding between PX70 or PZ70 myself - Im pretty sure I've ruled out the Samsung LCD now. I'm leaning towards the PZ70 for £899 from John Lewis as it's only £200 dearer than the PX70 if you get them to price match, but I don't know whether I'm just being drawn in by the 'Full HD' ...
Considering that you'd have paid £899 for the PX70 (panel only!) from JL a month ago...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom