what is the difference in 7.1 and Atmos?

JaylumX

Standard Member
From video, I saw that LG TC SSR2 is TV and EP-HDMI-RX is soundbar. before you connect cables, have you tried disabling every output that says LG TVSSCR2?

ProtectDreams

Novice Member
initially when I started this method I only had LG TVSSCR and LG TVSSCR2 came once the bar was connected to the display. But then I was in display and I don't know what I did but my problems came up. and then EP-HDMI-RX came but couldn't get the display. I don't know how to solve this problem anymore. however in the video my display settings are good it seems to me.

JaylumX

Standard Member
What cable do you connect your 3080 to the soundbar. Are you using a displayport to HDMI adapter. If you can, try using a passive adapter like the one in the link. That is the one I got.

Link

ProtectDreams

Novice Member
Well after all it's a problem I decided to do a system restore.

So we come back like yesterday morning. And no more display problems.

So it actually worked. Now I have my sources:
LG TC SSR and LG TC SSR2
LG TC SSR being EARC from my TV to my Earc sound bar
LG TC SSR2 being the displayport cable in HDMI 1 from the soundbar to my garphic card.

So I disable one of them when I want to choose.

But I encounter another problem. When I test the sound of my HDMI source on Display port the sound cracks and it is hatched. So I guess this is my HDMI to Displyport adapter.

On the other hand, do we agree that if I want to listen to the sound from this output, I have to put HDMI 1 on the sound bar? because otherwise I have no sound.

Thanks a lot.

ProtectDreams

Novice Member
What cable do you connect your 3080 to the soundbar. Are you using a displayport to HDMI adapter. If you can, try using a passive adapter like the one in the link. That is the one I got.

Link
It's ordered :) thank you very much for all the help you have given me. I'll let you know tomorrow when I get the cable back.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hot Plugging HDMI cables is never a great idea when your devices are powered on it can cause electrical damage to the HDMI ports and often means your devices are not fully clearing EDID from past connections.

PC - does it have an HDMI Output rather than DisplayPort?

If yes I would power off all devices and connect the PC HDMI to the Soundbar and the Soundbar eARC to the TV eARC and do not connect any other devices.

If you have to use DisplayPort then go through the same process so that you only have PC > Soundbar > TV connected.

Now power on the TV, wait until it has fully powered on then power on the Soundbar, wait then power on the PC.

Does that work as required?

Joe

PS Your PC expects an always connected Display, you may have to consider an HDFury Dr HDMI 4K or 8K on the Output side of the PC to keep its settings alive and configured as you want them.

ProtectDreams

Novice Member
I have several times turned off the PC and the bar. I don't know if you saw my last post, but I partially succeeded. I did a system restore to find my sources.

Now the only problem is that the sound is bad with the Displayport output. Sound cut off... So I think it's the HDMI---Dispalyport adapter that's stuck.

""DisplayPort HDMI [email protected], iVANKY DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter"""

Amazon product

I bought the cable given in the link above. We'll see if it works, I have it tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom