Question What is the difference between the Panasonic DP-UB820EB-K and the Panasonic DP-UB820EB?

LuvCVs

Established Member
Reaction score
Just can't find what the difference is online, but just bought one as had excellent reviews, Dolby Vision/Atmos and HDR 10+ but I bought the DP-UB820EB-K, have I bought the slightly improved model?

Just can't find what the difference is online, but just bought one as had excellent reviews, Dolby Vision/Atmos and HDR 10+ but I bought the DP-UB820EB-K, have I bought the slightly improved model?
AFAIK they are both the same.

The letters after the 820 just denominate the region it is sold in.

Ah ok, didn't know that.

I know it's region 2 locked. I see things to try online to unlock it to multi region, like, turn on, eject the tray, press 1 through to 10 on the remote etc etc..... Does anything like this actually work? As if not I'll have to send it somewhere to get unlocked.

Thanks for the reply people 😊

You can buy a remote to easily disable the DVD region lock. To remove the Blu-ray region locking requires hardware modification.

So, this might be why I am having issues?

I bought it and I have only 8 4K movies at the moment but the player could not hardly load any of them, 2 films I bought new.

Just had choppy images full of small squares, all multi coloured, I bought it from a company on eBay saying it was that model, so possibly it's a euro model?

Going to send it back and buy it again from a shop.

Hmm a Euro model player should still play UHD 4K discs fine I would have thought (and there is no region coding on UHD discs).

Maybe there is a technical reason or maybe it is faulty player. Either way, I would send it back for a refund.

PK

To clarify, it's the final letter only (AFAIK) that B denotes UK models alone (and has been for at least 20 years). 820EB is the UK model:

The letter after the hyphen denotes the colour (B = black, S = silver etc).

(My first 820 struggled to load most new Blu-ray discs (I often had to wipe them with a lint free cloth first) and had a very noisy mechanism when loading when it did, however rarely had issues playing them. I changed it towards the end of the first 12 months when and touch wood the replacement player has been both quiet and able to load discs without issue.)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom