What is the difference between RGB and RGBs

sneaky

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

As the question above says can someone explain the difference.

I have a DVD that outputs RGB from a scart socket and I am looking for an adapter to plug in the component leads from my HS20.

I have seen one from Keene on this forum that has the RGB phonos + a white one which I can presume is for the sync(what does the sync acrually do).

I have also seen one from maplins that just has the RGB.

Which one do I need.

Thanks

Chris

If you are coming RGBscart out then you need one with four phonos on end. The fourth is the composite video output which has the sync signal embedded on it.

Sync is the signal that tells the device when to draw a line and then when to go back to top of the image and start again. Without any sync signals there will be no picture

Gordon

Cheers Gordon,

Do I need a special sort of lead for that to go to my Sony HS20. At the moment I am using the multi lead and the DVI from the computer.

Off thread but I notice Lumagen are doing a DVI DVD PLayer do you have any details on that.

Chris

Originally posted by sneaky
Hi all,

As the question above says can someone explain the difference.

RGB has three signals/cables -- red, green, blue -- and they sync is carried on the green. Sometimes also noted as RGsB.

RGBS or RGBs has four signals/cables -- red, green, blue, sync -- where the sync is seperated.

This is why you see scart to RCA converters with either three or four outputs, however, most scart sockets use RGBS so the three RCA ones could be seen as a bit redundant (for most kit).

StooMonster

Cheers Stoo,

So will the 4 outout Keene product that you mentioned on one of the threads enable me to link my DVD thru the scart/Keene adapter to my hs20 vi the multi cable which has the 3 component cables. Presumably I would also have to link the yellow composite cable as the sync.

Hope this makes sense.

Chris

Chris,

Yes pretty sure this would work, but hey, it's only £5.99 is if doesn't and I'm sure you could reflog it on the classifieds for HD owners...

This is all based upon the fact that the HS20 CAN accpet RGBS via its component/composite.

JJ

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom