1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the difference between JBL Control 1, Control 1C, Control 1G.....

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by thudspud, Nov 6, 2002.

1. thudspud

thudspud

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hey

I have just bought a pair of second hand JBL Control 1'S, I already own two pairs of Control 1G's and I have seen that there are also Control 1C's, possibly even more types!!!!!

Does anybody know what the difference between them is?

Cheers

Chris

2. martinorbell

martinorbell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know this thread is quite old but I am in the same position not knowing what the difference is between JBL 1C and 1G and 1... can any one tell me ?
    There are so many different types and no info on the JBL site. I think one of them is magnetically shielded but don't know which one and one maybe 100volt line but again don't know which one is which.

Please help.
    Martin Orbell.

3. Suave

Suave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +714
    Hi,

Out of interest, what do these sound like?

Suave!

4. martinorbell

martinorbell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What does what sound like ?
    Your mesage did not mak any sense ?
    M.

5. Suave

Suave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +714
    Hi,

JBL Control 1 Series - what do they sound like - are they pretty good or other for the size/money etc?

Suave!

6. martinorbell

martinorbell
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, I can think of no other speaker which is as good value for money or it's size and weight.
    Yes in short, They are very good indeed. I have got a pair of Control 1G and a larger pair of Control 5 plus and they are very good, I don't know what Control 1C are like because I don't have any. But I am really interested to find out what the difference is between them all. I don't seem to be able to get any info from the JBL site or anyone else. I know that the JBL badge on the front is sometimes a different colour, which means it does somthing else.
    I know that one of them is for 100 volt line use. I know that one of them has a control knob and different tappings on the back for different ohmages. I know that one is a later model and one is only for contract use, I know that you can get most of their range in black or white and sometimes silver finishes, Etc Etc but which is which and what do they all do ?
    I know that the Control 5 Plus is a larger speaker and the plus means inproved treble and hi end over the standard Control 5, the badge on the front of these is blue.
    The plain Control 1 and the Control 1G has just a black badge with silver writing on it but some have got an Orange badge on the front ?

Can someone please explain ?

Martin Orbell.