1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Cheapest Recorder?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pwiles1968, Nov 29, 2004.

1. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My video keeps chewing up tapes and I do not wnat to buy a HD combo at the moment, I do not particulaly want to edit, as I tape a couple of shows a week that are on later in the evening to watch the next night I am not going to archive at the moment and I dont take a lot of home movies so I just want a Video without the Tape, any suggestions :lease:

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Are you on Sky or DTT. If you are on DTT I'd recommend one of the numerous units with an integrated hard drive. For Sky, Sky+ is best, it is a little pricey but is still in the same league (a bit more) as a DVDR.

Unless you're archiving these give much better functionality than a DVDR.

3. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have sky but not movies or sport so Sky+ would cose £10 a month, not interested untill it is free. dont want a hard drive Yet so just want some sort of DVD disc recorder, untill Sky+ has no subscription or DVD/HD recorders are more affordable, or I have more spare money.