Question What is the cheapest 55 inch Touchscreen TV?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by AaronJordan, Jul 16, 2018.

1. AaronJordan

AaronJordan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

We were searching for a good cheap 55 inch TV.

A touchscreen display/ TV may be more useful for us but we are aware it comes with a higher cost.

We are not looking to pay over €1000 but would rather around €500 or lower if possible.

What is the cheapest 55 inch Touchscreen?

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    There are no touchscreen TVs as far as I aware. With a budget of EUR500 try to pick up a good deal on a low range TV. Most competitively priced will depend on the prices you can get in Ireland which may be different to the UK.

Over here the best value seem to be the Sony 55XE70xx series, Hisense 55N6800, Hisense 55U7A and Panasonic 58EX700...just depends on pricing.

There are also sometimes deal to be found on mid range models too, see the guide: My best value TVs, 2017 Edition

TVs like the Samsung 55MU7000 and Hisense 55NU8700 in particular can be decent value if the price is right and stock is still available. But if you stretch the budget further there are marginally better TVs than those too in the Samsung 55MU8000/MU9000. Panasonic 58EX750 and Sony 55XE85xx series.

If you can find the best prices for each of those TVs list them here and I can see which is the standout for value.

3. AaronJordan

AaronJordan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dodgexander,

Thanks for the recommendations.

I will consider and have a look through your suggestions.

Here is a link to a good touchscreen display:
    Large Format Displays | Touch Displays | Ultra HD Interactive Digital Board 55TC3D | LG USA

I saw one that was a Smart TV, maybe there is no actual touchscreen TV.

I think that most 55 inch touchscreen displays are expensive but was wondering if you know any that could be more affordable, cheaper than €1000 or even around €500 if possible.

Thanks,
    Aaron

4. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,051
    That looks like a commercial display, possibly meant for professional presentations in a meeting room.

There may well be touch displays like that, but none will include a tuner and may even have restrictions with HDMI copy protection or HDMI standards. They certainly won't be suited for TV use not only because of the lack of tuner or smart platform, but also because they probably have no picture processing and an emphasis on other features compared to picture quality, who knows how good they display colour or contrast for example.

I'm afraid I can't really help you with anything other than TVs including a tuner since thats all I really know of :)