What is the best way of getting Audio Out signal from Toshiba 32WLT66?

Markatlarks

Standard Member
I have a Toshiba 32WLT66 and want to feed the DTV audio signal through a Home Cinema Amplifier. Is using the Headset socket the only / best way of achieving this?

neilos70

you have 2 options.

1/ rca analogue out to 'tv' on your amp. you then convert the stereo signal to a surround option of your choice.

2/ hdmi out to 'tv' on your amp - this will only work if you have an hdmi equipped amp.

others may be able to clarify whether this option will carry picture & sound [i dont think it will carry the sound as you'd need to have an optical out or the like from say a sky box] so if you plan on using freeview from the set option 1 is your only choice really.

hope this helps

Markatlarks

Standard Member
neilos70
Many thanks for this. Can I just clarify - You say 'rca analogue' to TV on amp.

Which rca connector on the back of the TV? I have the manual - it mentions the 'fixed / variable' output external audio output. I have tried this awithout luck.

Cheers?

neilos70

there should be an output with 2 plugs - much like a stereo [red & white connectors]

im doing this from memory as im on hols at the moment.
connect a cable from this to your amp into the 'tv' output and you should get tv through your speakers.

you can then select a surround option on the amp to get 5.1 etc.

cheers

neilos70

i forgot to mention - you will need to go into the tv's sound settings and turn off the output to the tv speakers.

it says something like internal or external - you need to select external so that the amp does the work.

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom