What is the best terrstrial TV channel and why?

What is the best terrestrial TV channel

• BBC 1

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • BBC 2

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • ITV

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Channel 4

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Channel 5

Votes: 17 28.8%

• Total voters
Games Guru said:
IMHO there are more important reasons to select a channel that PQ or american imports.

Of course if you like US telly and consider picture quality to be important as the regulator does at least for analogue broadcasts then that is a good reason to vote for FIVE.

As you say it's only an opinion but I'll concede that overall content is more important and you'll watch and support any broadcaster who provides you with the programming you want.
The BBC, ITV and recently CH4 simply do not do that for me with FIVE still in the ballgame (just). :)

Another vote for 5.

Only watch the local news on ITV once a week at most and then for only about five minutes as the presenters wind me up. There is nothing else on the channel that I watch with any regularity.

1, 2 & 4 probably watch 1 or 2 progs on each, each week.

dave - do you want to remove ITV from the poll :D its a waste of pixels

Gary

Gary D said:
dave - do you want to remove ITV from the poll :D its a waste of pixels

Gary

It does seem that way so far.
I would have thought more people wwould have voted by now considering that amount of members this site has. I really wanted to get a broad view of the foums taste in terestrial TV

Dave-S said:
It does seem that way so far.
I would have thought more people wwould have voted by now considering that amount of members this site has. I really wanted to get a broad view of the foums taste in terestrial TV

Maybe it because ITV's crap :D

Gary

My vote is cast... Channel 5 just got another one!

BBC1 and BBC2 are still cool channels (great comedy etc... and Doctor Who!)

C4 used to be great but is now obsessed with stuff like Big Brother and 100 Greatest Pencil Sharpeners (Hosted By; Jimmy Carr). About the only thing worth watching on there is Shameless.

ITV is just utter ***** - No matter what number they like to stick on as a suffix.

C5 is one channel that comes through on so many levels - lots of documentaries, good news coverage - good movies - and excellent US Imports such as The Shield.

C5 was a joke when it started out, but has certainly overcome its shakey beginings to emerge as definitely the best terrestrial commercial channel.

C5 is one channel that comes through on so many levels - lots of documentaries, good news coverage - good movies - and excellent US Imports such as The Shield.

C5 was a joke when it started out, but has certainly overcome its shakey beginings to emerge as definitely the best terrestrial commercial channel.

Well said sir, totaly agree.

Vote 5

Dave-S said:
Dont want to go off topic but I wonder, as Channel 5 seem to be getting a lot of the us imports, wether they would be able to get terestrial rights to battlestar at some point ;)

nice thought/dream

as for off topic most of your threads have a habit of "wondering off"

Gary

Dave-S said:
Ahh but 95% of the time its not my fault :D

if you have the kids then need to bring them up :D

anyway it people like Razor and Hartigan and Gary D that cause threads...........to........go..........wondering.................................off...........

I'll get me coat

BBC1 is choice for me: top drama (Casualty), SciFi (Doctor Who), Period drama (Charles II) and News.
BBC2 is second as that normally has some less mainstream dramas as well as some good documentaries.

Don't think ITV1 has shown anything good for years (Hornblower & Sharpe were OK). Channel 4 has gone to the dogs with reality TV but occasionally shows the average documentary. I've watched a few programmes on Five but nothing that has really grabbed me (US imports not my cup of tea).

Dave-S said:
where are all the corrie and emerdale fans then :rotfl:

Stewing in a cauldron of diseased mule cum. Hopefully. Then it'll get taken off of the air and then that'll be two less soaps and their squidheaded "stars" that are infecting my tree with inanity.

lovemunkey187 said:
Stewing in a cauldron of diseased mule cum. Hopefully. Then it'll get taken off of the air and then that'll be two less soaps and their squidheaded "stars" that are infecting my tree with inanity.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dont like soaps then eh? :rotfl:

Faves are BBC1 & 2 some C4 (lost) some C5, occasional BBC4, ABC1, and Men & Motors.

ITV is rare

:eek: Am I the only ITV fan. The undisputed kings of daytime TV. Who hasn't watched Nigella and thought, I wish that was on the BBC.

Remember this is one of the channels that brought us the "C-C-Crazy Frog" Advert. More adverts I say...who needs programmes... though when the quality of programmes on ITV reaches its heights (see "Rock around the block" and "Celebrity Wrestling" as highlights of this channel's output") it can't be beaten.

Current affairs are covered by Sir Trevor Mcdonald's Tonight show and... .... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...

....well anyway ITV is nothing if not innovative. When it finds a winning formula it brings out endless permutations for us to enjoy (see Reality shows like "Pop Idol", "X factor" and "Popsters the Rivals" for the variety in ITV scheduling), and this innovation wouldn't be possible without the advertising.

Go to the BBC if you want bl**dy David Attenborough and a few half-decent current affair programmes about far-away countries that no-one's heard of.

And remember recent ITV comedies..."Hardware" and "The All Star Comedy Show" which shows ITV's capacity to get the best out of the UK's talent pool. So ITV will have the last laugh...literally.

Dave-S said:
Well after a grand total of 22 votes :( channel 5 is still in the lead :clap:

Dave if you think thats bad - last year's DVD Of The Year i got a grand total of 13 (i think)

Gary

ok, 12 more votes and we can start to examine the results a bit better.

Channel 5 still in the lead :smashin:
And only 1 person in 38 thinks ITV the best channel. This does not bode well for thier 50 years of ITV celebration now does it :rotfl: :rotfl:

Valhoudini said:
Who hasn't watched Nigella*

Me! :D

* obviously taken out on context! ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom