• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What is the BEST standalone Divx/Xvid player?

Ratcatcher

Standard Member
I was wondering what the best divx/xvid player is right now. I previously owned a Kiss-DP1000 however it has broken. Im not too bothered about dvd's or upcaling as I already have another player. Im considering the Pioneer 696 however ive seen cheaper players around the £50 mark - however I will be willing to part with the money for a divx/xvid player that can play everything (xvid,divx,Qpel, packed bitstream, except maybe HD-Divx). I do want it to look nice and have some build quality, preferably a brand name, unlike most of the £30-60 models ive seen which look like they are going to fall apart.

I have read some people have had problems with the 696 with Divx movies other than HD-divx, is this true, which files will it not play?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom