1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best Sky deal available at the moment?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by JIT, Aug 20, 2003.

1. JIT

JIT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm looking to get Sky Digital within the next couple of weeks but what is the best deal around?

I'd be taking the full £38 package and would also like a mirror subscription in another room, ideally i'd like Sky+ in the main room but don't fancy paying £249 for the box then another £10 per month.

I know about the £1 installation on the website so what are my best options?

2. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I have the Sky World package and am buying Sky+ for £199 in my main room. The current digibox is being moved to another room for the mirror sub of £15 per month, but there is *no* Sky+ sub of £10 per month if you go for this deal.

Installation is also free.

3. Deron

Deron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Mines going in today...

I don't think there are any decent offers for Sky + for users new to sky.

Basically for the same setup as yours it cost me £250 to have it installed. Which £249 plus £1 to install second box.

I'll be paying £38 + 15 + 10 each month:mad:

However I've been paying for crappy analogue cable with a second box for the last 4 years, and there's only about a tenner difference. So it'll seem like a bargain.

edit...

Sky engineer has just told missus Sky + is being reduced from September 2nd. Price is going down to £99:eek: and the £10 sub is being shelved.

Obviously agitated I rang the house and asked to speak to him and he confirmed it. He said it is because takeup hasn't been as good as expected.

He advised me to wait until Sep 2nd and then raise merry hell and ask for it to be taken out. He said they will give me x months of free viewing to compensate.

According to my reckoning that's about 4 months of free viewing. I'd wait until Sep 2nd people and see what happens.