1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Best Plasma for Watching Telewest

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by TarMoo, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TarMoo

TarMoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    I am looking to purchase a 42in sized plasma sometime soon. I have seen many screens which look great playing DVDs via a good quality DVD player like a Denon 2910 or Pioneer 868, but which are reputedly not so good with Cable/Sky/Freeview TV pictures, particularly fast moving sports programs. I was very impressed with the Pioneer 435 which seems to be the favourite at Sevenoaks and AudioT because it is "HD ready".

However, 90% of the time the TV will be tuned to Telewest digital cable with a Pace STB using a Scart interface. Later this year (2005) I may get the new Telewest Personal Video Recorder which has HD capability and based on the Scientific Atlanta 8300 DVR (maybe like 8300HD Multi Room which has an HDMI interface).

So the question is "What is the best Plasma available now, or released in the next few months, which will show a good picture quality on Telewest TV as well as DVDs."? :)

2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Cant really comment on PQ of sports on my screen but I can say that most of what we watch via our Telewest/PACE STB is really good. We watched Die another day last night and Oceans11 a few weeks ago which was through cable and they looked really good. We have noticed that since having the screen for a couple of months the PQ has improved dramatically and we have not had it proffessionally calibrated.

We have a Pio435FDE and the same STB as you mention.

Steve