1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the Best Large LCD TV Monitor???

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by pincpnthr, Aug 16, 2005.

1. pincpnthr

pincpnthr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Situation:
    I recently bought a Maxent MX-26X3 and a Maxent MX-42X3 both from Costco. Neither TV is on the Costco Website but I will fill out the information as well as I know it.

Maxent MX-26X3
    Monitor: 26" 16:9 Widescreen HDTV
    Monitor Type: LCD
    Resolution 1280x1024
    Contrast: 800:1
    Brightness: 500 nits (cd/m2)

Maxent MX-42X3
    Monitor: 42" 16:9 Widescreen HDTV
    Monitor Type: Plasma
    Resolution: 1024x768
    Contrast: 3000:1
    Brightness: 1000 nits (cd/m2)

The 26 in. had no problems connecting to my DVI card, all the resolutions I tried were supported and it was pretty bright. Unfortunately, the text was basically illegible because the higher I set the resolution the more pixilated the picture became but I didn’t want to leave it at low resolution for obvious reasons.

The 42 in. gave me some problems with my VisionTEK Xtasy 9200 128MB video card it messed with the settings and not even reinstalling it will make all the resolution options reappear. However the image in 640x480 looks incredibly crisp and I hope that I can figure out the settings to see what it looks like in a better resolution.

The Main Question:
    Ultimately the meaning of this is to see what set-ups other people have with large plasma or LCD TVs (26-43 in) connected to their computers through DVI or HDMI connections.

Other Questions
    How important is resolution to the Display from a computer? Sceptre 37 in TV with 1920x1080i resolution
    How important is actual monitor size to the pixilation of the display?

Please Leave Feedback on this TVs Specs (Same as Sceptre Above)