• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What is the best large (50" ish) 1080p Flatscreen?

O

original_tigger

What is the best large (50" ish) 1080p Flatscreen?

We mainly watch television and DVDs. We have good Freeview reception and we won’t get Sky on principal. We love movies and would look to start getting some on HD. The screen will be wall mounted 3.4m from the viewing point. We are also going to upgrade our surround sound amp and speakers to go with our Sony RDR HXD970

I want to buy the best full HD flat screen I can, but am reading that all the screens seem to have drawbacks. I was thinking of the Pioneer LX508XD but all the issues around noisy hums, IR and burn are concerning and I wonder if I shouldn't be looking at LCDs, something like Sony’s KDL46X3500, instead? So far I have been relying on What Hifi S&V but that doesn't seem to be too well thought of by some posters here... so HELP!

What is the best large screen 1080p TV?

brain_stew

Every TV has issues, its hardly exclusive to the Pioneers. Quite simply if you want the best quality 50" screen, particularly if SD is your primary use, the Kuros are the way to go.

O

original_tigger

Thanks Brain-stew - that's the most concise and helpful advice... looks like I'll have to go to Plymouth and get ordering... anyone suggest a retailer?

Also does anyone know if Pioneer are still offering the free 5 year guarantee?

Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom