• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What is the best importer service?

L

LCD Seeker

I am planning on purchasing a US XBOX360 with a couple games from gamestop, they are such a pain when it comes to shipping outside the US (plus they won't ship XBOX360 outside the US, neither to PO BOXES). I used to import from Barnes & Nobles but it seems now that most games comming out, can only be shipped to the US.

I saw two days ago on this forum, this importing service http://www.myus.com being listed, I wanted to know if the are reliable? Are they expensive? Are they fast on shipping?

What is the BEST importing service?

L

LCD Seeker

Alphatyrant said:
Ummmm....this thread is for LCD TV's.

There is no General forum, plus you can use importing service to get yourself a US LCD TV, no?

Alphatyrant

Established Member
This would be best suited to the fairly large Gaming forum on here, considering it's a 360 that you're after.....and not an LCD screen.

From past experience there's no way you can avoid duty and VAT on soemthing like a console...no-one's likely to mark it down for you...have suffered hits on an Xobox and a GC over the years.

Now, as I said there's a Gaming forum here which also has a general section within it.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Alphatyrant said:
This would be best suited to the fairly large Gaming forum on here.....
Indeed. Moving >>>>>>>>>>

kasumi

Established Member
Buy an Asia (NTSC) 220v premium pack from Play-Asia instead.
Regarded as the best import option.
Be aware if the console goes tits up MS will collect it, but, you will receive a PAL version in return.
You'll still prolly get hit for customs and vat as well.

NackNack

Banned
Best thing to do is get an already-imported machine, I got a Japanese system with Ridge Racer 6 and a stepdown for £180, met the guy at Birmingham New Street station and gave him cash, the console was basically new, hardly touched!

Also got a US machine off here with four games for £380, as well as a UK power supply. Just luck of the draw. :)

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom