What is the best HD PQ you have watched ?

paulwilko

Established Member
Reaction score
Whether it be a film, Clip or demo, what is the best picture quality you have seen in HD on your Plasma / LCD ?

Mine so far is Madagascar and Seabiscuit.

Wierd I was just going to post the same topic when I saw yours! :smashin: I was going to say what's the best HD pic you have seen on any TV, not just your own.

Listing content and TV/setup - for example...filename.ts, Pio 436XDE, wired LAN via Snazio etc.

I have tried a few clips so far from my PC direct to the 436 via DVI-HDMI cable and I have to say I wasn't that impressed, they looked good but didn't have a WOW factor really.

The best I have seen so far is the LG demo running in Dixons on a 60" LG. Now that is what I would call WOW! :eek:

Mine was through my Externall HDD to the Snazzi 1350 in .TS format.

After watching Seabiscuit, I went into Lakes to try and compare PQ with there showing.
Obviously this is difficult not being side by side, but looking at Shrek which is ALWAYS on in there in standard DVD, Seabiscuit Pi553d all over it.

Also, the Panasonic demo, although looks good, I still think Seabiscuit was great.

Great! I've got some .TS files already on my Lacie 250GB external HDD, just waiting for my Snazio to complete the package! :smashin:

try the hitachi demo ( TS format ), superb demo and a good show off imo. film wise you cant beat the BEV version of Gladiator, this is the ultimate and was capped from Canada some years ago now before they lowered bitrates of the hd stuff out there,

I've heard about the BEV version of Gladiator - weighs in at around 22GB doesn't it? :eek:

pride on telewest HD

I watch HD through my Windows Media Center PC via DVI to HDMI cable
TV is new Toshiba 37WLT58 LCD

best demo I've seen for quality is a Panasonic "Ocean" one in WMV format

best TV show was lost a couple of weeks ago (can't remember which one), the beach scenes in the sunshine looked amazing

best film is probably Gladiator (over 20Gb), the colours and quality again were really good (didn't think much to the film though)

mmace said:
I watch HD through my Windows Media Center PC via DVI to HDMI cable
TV is new Toshiba 37WLT58 LCD

best demo I've seen for quality is a Panasonic "Ocean" one in WMV format

best TV show was lost a couple of weeks ago (can't remember which one), the beach scenes in the sunshine looked amazing

best film is probably Gladiator (over 20Gb), the colours and quality again were really good (didn't think much to the film though)
Gladiator is one of my fav films... what i wouldnt give to own the hd version... :(
And no i dont want to have to pay for newsgroups etc,but if someone was to put it onto a few disks for me then money could be made for that person ;)

slinkywonka said:
Gladiator is one of my fav films... what i wouldnt give to own the hd version... :(
And no i dont want to have to pay for newsgroups etc,but if someone was to put it onto a few disks for me then money could be made for that person ;)
tbh m8, to join newsgroups is pretty cheap, you're looking at about a tenner for the month, that's cheaper than buying a new film

My own reflection was the best picture with the highest resolution................its not that popular with other people mind you!

Gladiator is one of my fav films... what i wouldnt give to own the hd version...
And no i dont want to have to pay for newsgroups etc,but if someone was to put it onto a few disks for me then money could be made for that person

mate trust me, i have joined http://www.newshosting.com this month,only been on it a few days with my 4meg connection and have downloaded about 12 HD movies totalling about 130 gigs so far. It cost me £8 with no obligation as far as i know to stay on it next month. I have pretty much got a speed of 3.0 to 4.0 mbps, it is so easy once you get the hang of it, i cant believe i wasted so much time with Bit torrent.

Using a Snazzio & 320gig external Toshiba hard drive on my Samsung SP50 is sweet:rotfl:

wandersen said:
Which news software do you use ?

News Rover here. It collects all of the split files and combines them into one. You have to pay for it though.

try newsleecher , im using this with news hosting sounds complexed but it isnt its a doddle just got " i robot"

amazing

your not allowed to discuss where to source HD films, but to access newsgroups for any legal material the best programs are Grabit coupled with WINRAR (or 7zip) and Quickpar. usenetserver.com is a great reliable cheap provider as well. im maxing out my 8 mg connection with about 800kbps with 8 connections running simultaneously in Grabit. www.newzbin.com has great referencing.

http://binsearch.info is a handy site to use, lets you browse by group or file name and creates .nzb's for you.

On the subject of best picture quality it has to be the experience canada tourist board video, simply because the flesh tones looked so real on peoples faces. I have seen a ton of other stuff but that impressed the most.

No doubt best clips available...

Alexander WMVHD Trailer, Full 1920 *1080P, 3.4GHZ CPU needed

Second best clip available...

She's The Man, Quicktime HD, 1920 *1056P, Dual Core CPU needed..

Best off all they are both available legally....

Best looking HD Movie Available is Probably Taxi 3 1080P WMVHD, good luck getting hold of it...

Now that I've got a decent Usenet feed and have figured out the software involved to properly d/l and join up the files etc, and successfuly speaking to my iMac, it's all good now :thumbsup:
Lot of great stuff on the binaries...
Re upgrading your bandwith, I want to do that too, but do you first have to know if your BT connection/exchange can handle the speed that you want?
Apparently there is a test for this, but I cant remember the URL.

the best news software is by far newsbin pro

I will second that, i tried them all and it's the only one i really liked, lacks a search for media section though.

nm10721 said:
I will second that, i tried them all and it's the only one i really liked, lacks a search for media section though.

I don't like the new version of newsbin, can't get the hang of it, older was was great...

newsleecher + newshosting all the way , get around 1.15MB/s using TW 10mbit and 8 connections :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom