1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is the best connection to use for.....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nero0410, Jun 14, 2004.

1. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399
    :hiya:

I have had my ae200 for a few months now. I can recall seeing a thread about connections but cant find it now.

I would like to know the best way to connect the following for the best picture:

What I already use to connect them is next to each one.

DVD-----------s-video

GAMECUBE-----rgb scart

PLAYSTAION----rgb scart

PLAYSTATION 2----rbg scart

XBOX-----rgb scart

PC-----vga cable

AND ALL OTHER CONSOLES

I am very happy watching films playing games 10ft wide and 5.8ft high, but I would now like some much needed advice on connections.

I am happy with the quality but want that little bit better if not large bit better IQ (image quality I am marginly intelligent lol). :)

Please advise what kind of connections are better for what, and, where/how much these connections cost and where I can get them.

The gamecube image is about the worst I think, as there are slight 'gaps' in the text that looks a bit like this: eg the word 'it'

iii
    iii
    iii
    iii
    iii
    iii
    iii

Thank you very much :smashin: and I hope to hear from you soon. Feel free to ask me my expierences with the projector to date.

tris

2. Zone

Zone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,179
    Hey tris
    Can't comment on the gaming side of things as I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't hooked up any of my consoles yet :blush:

But:
    For DVD I think you would see an improvement in PQ going the component cable route as opposed to s-video, but then s-video from your Grundig Digibox into the PJ would be the way to go for the big screen TV thing imo.

3. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,399

Thank you very much for that piece of advice, I forgot to mention my digibox :laugh:

Hopefully somone replys to the gaming side of things too.

cheers

tris