What is the Best Budget Soundbar?

Abul

Novice Member
The sound on my TV is poor (as with most flat screen TVs) so I'm looking for a soundbar that cost less than £200 but is good value for money, anyone have any recommendations?

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
LG NB3530A £175 at Currys at mo or Samsung HW-F450 £180 at Currys (half price). Both get pretty good reviews , both come with a sub and bluetooth connectivity, the Samsung one would be the logical choice with a Samsung TV due to soundshare

C1PJR

Novice Member
Hi Abul, I am an employee of Q Acoustics and have just come across your post. If you are looking for a budget soundbar I can recommend the Q Acoustics Q-TV3. The price has just been dropped from £200 to £99.95. Although I am trying not to be biased the Q-TV3 is very good, it is smaller than most soundbars, and is very easy to set up and use. Q Acoustics has got a great reputation and has also won many awards for its products. Hope this helps you.

Wytze

Novice Member
Hi C1PJR,

I`m looking for a Q-TV3 for around that 100 pound, any idea where I can buy one for that price?
I tried amazon.co.uk but they refuse to ship to the Netherlands...
Any other shops you know of?

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Wytze

johnmdaulby

Standard Member
Hi C1PJR,

I`m looking for a Q-TV3 for around that 100 pound, any idea where I can buy one for that price?
I tried amazon.co.uk but they refuse to ship to the Netherlands...
Any other shops you know of?

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Wytze
I am sure Q-Acoustics will supply to the Netherlands. I have ordered a Q-tv3 and expect it by the weekend.
It will be connected to a Panasonic Plasma TX-P42G20B and I will post an opinion if any of you are interested. John.

Meyrick Man

I've got the Q-TV3 hooked up to a Panasonic 42-GT30 and I'm pretty pleased with it, I'd be interested to listen to your thoughts when you receive it? It was delivered within a couple of days.

johnmdaulby

Standard Member
I've got the Q-TV3 hooked up to a Panasonic 42-GT30 and I'm pretty pleased with it, I'd be interested to listen to your thoughts when you receive it? It was delivered within a couple of days.
Will do. It was your reference to the Q-TV3 that drew my attention to the unit. I was focused on the Panasonic SC-HTE80 until I read the article in What HiFi S&V. For me, it will go on a TV stand with limited width and depth, so my choice was somewhat reduced.

johnmdaulby

Standard Member
Ordered Mon afternoon, delivered Wed 9am. Unpacked and fitted by 10am. Initial impression was good, plenty of volume without distortion and looks good under the TV. Unit has now settled in and bass and mid-range sound is excellent, however treble lacks brightness no matter what adjustments I make. However, slowly feed in the TV sound as well and the treble is much improved. Surprisingly I prefer the RCA cable provided, to my optical lead. Conclusion; Excellent value at just under £100, not HiFi but fulfills the aim to improve the sound quality of the modern TV set. This it most certainly does. How does that compare with your evaluation Meyrick Man?

Abul

Novice Member
The Q Acoustics Q-TV3 seems too deep to fit under the TV, where did all that have it, put theirs?

Meyrick Man

I placed mine on a shelf underneath my tv and it fits perfectly. It shouldn't be too deep for most tv units/cabinets. With ref to johnmdaulby review I agree with your observations. Much improved sound for normal tv and good for watching blu rays and stuff from Netflix/Lovefilm. I'm still playing with the settings, at the moment I have all the settings to off which seems to work well for tv. What settings do you seem to use the most for normal tv viewing or when watching films? In the end it's an improvement on my old 'Roth sub zero' and it's a nicer looking unit, at high volume the Roth struggled abit and it obstructed the bottom of my tv which was a pain. If I had the money I would have bought the Canton tv base @ £400 but the Q-TV3 @ £99 will do me for at least 2 years and i'll just see what happens with the technology in the future.

johnmdaulby

Standard Member
I placed mine on a shelf underneath my tv and it fits perfectly. It shouldn't be too deep for most tv units/cabinets. With ref to johnmdaulby review I agree with your observations. Much improved sound for normal tv and good for watching blu rays and stuff from Netflix/Lovefilm. I'm still playing with the settings, at the moment I have all the settings to off which seems to work well for tv. What settings do you seem to use the most for normal tv viewing or when watching films? In the end it's an improvement on my old 'Roth sub zero' and it's a nicer looking unit, at high volume the Roth struggled abit and it obstructed the bottom of my tv which was a pain. If I had the money I would have bought the Canton tv base @ £400 but the Q-TV3 @ £99 will do me for at least 2 years and i'll just see what happens with the technology in the future.
After trying all the setting combinations I too settled for "all to off". Trickling in the TV sound helps with the treble. All the settings tend to colour the sound image as does the optical lead. I would prefer to pay a bit more for the addition of voice coils and variable treble and base adjustment. Like you, I too would have liked to have heard the Canton, but I am well satisfied with the Q. Perhaps the makers would like to comment on our findings? For Abul, the first shelf under my tv is 6 inches deep and comfortably takes the 4.5 inch unit. The lower shelf accommodates my pvr and dvd player.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom