What is the best 37" widescreen hd-ready tv i can get for £800??

S

Secret B0y

Basically I know nothing about teles and want to know the best tele I can get for £800 maximum.

It has to be 37" widescreen hd-ready. 1080p if possible.
I will be using it for playing xbox 360 and watching dvds.

I have been told that sony panels are over-priced but good. Is this right?
And that I should look to buy LG or Samsung panels; is this the right thing to do?

Also would I be better getting an LCD or plasma screen? As I don't know which would be best for what I will be using it for.

.Griff.

Basically I know nothing about teles and want to know the best tele I can get for £800 maximum.

It has to be 37" widescreen hd-ready. 1080p if possible.
I will be using it for playing xbox 360 and watching dvds.

I have been told that sony panels are over-priced but good. Is this right?
And that I should look to buy LG or Samsung panels; is this the right thing to do?

Also would I be better getting an LCD or plasma screen? As I don't know which would be best for what I will be using it for.

You can get the Toshiba 42X3030 for under £800 and that's 1080P.

Loobster

1080p is irrelevant at 37". If anything your SD material will look worse than on a 720/768 line TV.

You would be better off going for 100Hz technology, in something like a 37WLT68.

ChrisGgr

As I suggested in the the second similar thread of yours:1080P:Toshiba 37X3030
720P:SONY KDL-40D3000 100Hz

MassiveJim

Which of these screens is going to give the best picture though.

Figures and specification are all very well and good but they dont tell you how good the screen actually is.

Do toshiba use there own panels or someone elses ?

Also if he is going to use it for the xbox 360 he will need a tv that supports 1080p through composite or d-sub.

My uncle just spent 1500 quid on a 40" sony bravia and was gutted to find out that he cant do 1080p on his tele and will now have to go and buy a black 360 to watch his films in 1080p

berkeley384

Best picture quality for what? HD, SD, Upscaled DVD , what are you going to using it with - wha will you be watching most

Also if he is going to use it for the xbox 360 he will need a tv that supports 1080p through composite or d-sub.

It doesnt have to be a 1080P TV you get for the Xbox, you can get a TV that "supports" 1080P, my Tosh 32C3030 does this

My uncle just spent 1500 quid on a 40" sony bravia and was gutted to find out that he cant do 1080p on his tele and will now have to go and buy a black 360 to watch his films in 1080p

I dont understand how buying an Xbox will get your uncle a 1080P picture if his TV doesnt support 1080P

F

fathead82

Figures and specification are all very well and good but they dont tell you how good the screen actually is.

Do toshiba use there own panels or someone elses ?

Just explain why he's bought an 360 elite? It won't give him a 1080P picture if his TV doesn't support it, and the only difference between it and the premium (white one) is the larger hard drive. Both the elite & premium now have HDMI output & HDMI doesn't mean 1080P!!

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom