1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best 37" plasma??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by 4bp, Aug 21, 2005.

1. 4bp

4bp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am looking to buy my first plasma and i would like it to be a 37" as dont really have room for anything bigger. i want it on a table top and not the wall. i will be hooking up sky+, dvd and ps2 to it. i would like to get 5.1 surround sound if possible and i dont mind if it is hdtv ready or not.

does anyone have any suggestions which one is hould be looking at?? i have seen so many and not sure!!!
    is the panasonic 37pwd7bkj any good? i have seen it for arounf 1100. would i need to get anything else like a tv tuner with this? what other comoponents would i need?

any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its worth checking through the forum...plenty of gr8 info....I only have experience of the Pansonic 42pv500 (there is a 37inch version) and I think it is absolutely wonderful with gr8 picture and sound as well as hi definition capable and with built in digital tuner plus all the connections u might need....not sure if its in your price range but sure worth a look

3. 4bp

4bp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thnaks for the reply.
    how much should the 37 pv500 cost? what does it come with? would i need any extra components?
    i here there might be a price drop after the bank holiday, has anyone else heard anything on this?

4. k0rn

k0rn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Despite its flaws, I would still highly recommend the PV500... I have the 37PV500.

There are some price drops in the news... but nothing final, as far as I know. Maybe wait some weeks?

5. 4bp

4bp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks. i think i will go for the 37 pv500.
    i have seen it with no stand for 1700 or with stand for 1999. is this good?
    iam in no rush at the moment so might wait a few weeks to see if there is a proce drop.
    are these good prices?
    also has anyone bought a plasma from ebuyer? they have a 37" panny plasma but it dosent say a model number just 37 inch vieira plasma. is this the pv500?
    thnaks

6. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The 37" Panny plasma on Ebuyer is the PE50, not the PV500.

Currys.co.uk are doing the 37PV500 for £1619 on its own, use the code 'FREEDEL149' for FREE delivery too. You can also find discount vouchers to get more money off that price too.

7. 4bp

4bp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its worth haggling with Currys if u can find a good online price cos they will price match at the store using their online service from one of their instore computers giving u the best of both worlds (at least this is what I did when buying my 42pv500 at Currys)...and they were really good with prompt and very cheap delivery...I see u can even get it free now :)....anyway good luck with it all 4bp, let us know how u get on....ps. dont forget when u get the screen to run it in....ie switch it to Normal or Cinema (and do that for all inputs cos each one has its own settings such as dvd player connected to scart one, sky box connected to scart 3 etc) because it will be set to Dynamic mode and this mode apparently is the worst setting for your tv (lessens its life) and turn contrast and brightness down to 50% each (again for all inputs)..and do this for between 100 to 200 hrs of TV run time before turning anything up (dont use Dynamic though unless u really have to have it)...theres plenty of info on this subject though in the forum (check the stickys)...best of luck

9. manzee

manzee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    37pv500 with the pedestal can be had for around £1730 from Dixons. Put in the code "pricerunner50off" at the checkout and you get it for £1680 delivered.

Seems an excellent deal.

10. 4bp

4bp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thnaks for all the help. i am def gonna get this one.
    do u reckon jl will match the currys price? as i want the 5 year warranty they offer.
    i will prob wait til after this weekend though to see if there are any reductions in price as has been rumoured on this forum.