What is the advantage of buying from Jessops ???

frz666

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at a new camera and have chosen the Ixus 400 going for £299 online via price runner...

Seen that Jessops do a price match policy and rang to confirm that it is still current, but what advantage do Jessops have over the online retailers ?? (Amazon, Cameras2U etc) :confused:

Warranty ?
Returns ?

Am I missing something ?

Thanks
Fe+

Probably the biggest advantage is that you can get it from a shop and have a look before parting with your wonga. They ordered in my pentax for me and price matched it. Was nice to have a look to make my mind up.
Flibb

the advantage is you are dealing with people.

When you buy it you can get advice, tuition.

If you are cheeky you ca get extras thrown in for free

If things go wrong you dont pay return postage and you can demonstrate the problem rather than describe it.

Thanks :) , I like to try and find out all the pro's and con's before I buy ;)

Has anyone then tried to price match against John Lewis after matching with Jessops ?

I shall be doing this if I can...

5 year warranty comes as std with the JL purchase...

Fe+

...and, in general, Jessops stores have at least one (and usually several) persons who actually know something about the products they sell. They are generally good at obtaining spares and accessories (eg extra batteries etc) too.

AFAIK JL only price match against an advertised, in stock price of a shop (not internet only store). Therefore I would not expect them to honor the Jessops price matched price. Might be worth a try though, you've got nothing to loose.

Mark.

So will Jessops price match with online prices of e-retailers?

Originally posted by the_pauley
So will Jessops price match with online prices of e-retailers?

Yes, but it the camera or kit has to be UK stock, in stock at Jessops and the online retailer on that day.

The shop then rings the head office (going off wghat the warrington shop told me) and then they either authorise the deal or not...

They wouldn't put the price match in writing for me unfortunatley, assumed they would as John Lewis do, but hey can't complain £150 off list, although the Ixus 400 wasn't in stock on Friday so have to wait a few more days:rolleyes:

Well,

bought the Ixus 400 from Jessops in Chester the other day, very happy with it :)

They did pricematch straight away and then offered to beat the online price too (299 down to 295)

Haggled to £299 with a £15 case thrown in gratis after a while, result net cost £284, that is a £165 saving overall

hurrah for pricerunner and the pricematch policy of Jessops ! :D

Jessops were very helpful and efficient.

Here are some of my first photo's with my new toy...

My car on Snake's Pass

View across to solitary sign

Fe+

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom