What is SSH

Secure Shell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With regards to your phone, you can basically transfer files to and from your phone to a pc/lap top. You'll need software installed on your pc to be able to browse the contents of your phone. Its used to backup and copy stuff over like themes.

I don't use SSH (not yet). I connect my phone via USB and use iphonebrowser to do the same thing.

Just to add on, if you don't know what you're doing don't go around messing around with the files on SSH... it can cause devastation...

i have a question also regarding SSH.

even if i rename things and do a full factory restore, will the original files still be on the iphone?

for example, if i renamed a ringtone to a custom tone and put it on the phone through SSH, however renamed the original ringtone file, and then did a full restore, will the original ringtone file be on the phone again?

OR, before i restored it, would i have to rename the original file back in its original place through SSH and then restore?

i hope that makes sense.....

A restore totally wipes the phone and puts everything back on as standard so any custom files, renamed or not, will be gone.

It makes your battery go down super quick as well if you don't switch it off when not using, mine was going down 1% every 2mins.

I'd say that was something else because I have SSH on all the time without that problem. SSH, if installed, defaults to on after every boot so most people will have it on without realising it.

Thanks for reminding me. I just rebooted my phone today and forgot to switch off SSH in SBSettings. Good man :smashin:

how do i change my password for ssh?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom