1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is SonyUK doing about the cracks?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by land0266, Aug 30, 2005.

1. land0266

land0266

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I know this has been a well talked about topic with really no straight answers (that I found anyway). So of course sony USA e-mailed me back and said they did not know there was a problem with the key pads. I told them in my mail that there were literally 1000s of others that were having the same problem(anyone that owns a HD5, i myself have had two that have cracked). What can I do to get it across to them that they made junk key pads and i don't want new junk key pads i want ones that wont crack after a week worth of use. I think i read that they are trying to make brand new ones to combat the problem but is that true and will it be here in the states also. Any kind of answer would help. It just bugs me that i spent $300USD on a player and within a week it is starting to flaw. What to do???? Sigh

2. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    One of the reasons I've included Johann's thread in the FAQ sticky now is that in my opinion something should have been done about this before now. I can see the next model coming out before Sony get round to doing anything about this problem...... if they ever do :(

4. Botan

Botan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol .. I never thought of that. That's probably true, considering the HD3 came out a few months after the HD1 (oh & in case you didn't know apparently there's a HD2 as well. They skipped the HD"4" as 4 is considered an unlucky number in Japan).

Considering the flaws of the HD5, I sure hope to see a MASSIVE improvement on the Sony NW HD6 .... if it comes out. I spent alot of my personal savings, only to get a second-rate player from Sony, which is purely unacceptable.

Anyways back to the question, if discovered that there are cracks, ask for a replacement / refund from the retailer. If the request is declined, then contact Sony / Sonystyle Customer support. If that fails, then the only option left is to manually repair it (unless Sony has a recall of all the players, which I doubt).

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    Absolutely nothing says the cynic in me. They're just gonna release a new player

6. sulk

sulk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't be suprised that they release another player, i'm just suprised that theyre releasing them the way they are. Theyve released MD's in product lines, from cheap to Hi end, in a sense theyre kinda doing it with MP3 players, from flash based, to HDD based, but they arnt releasing any more HDD players ATM, and I tihnk they should. If they get a good hold in the market, releasing good products(which they generally do) better software, and maybe a new advertising campaign, then I'm sure theyd do better. Someone mentioned in another thread that the masses only know iPod as an MP3 player, and thats true. it's also a catchy thing to say
    person 1. `Whats that youy have there?`
    me `oh its a Hd5`
    person 1 -blank stare-

-Sulk

7. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys go look over on the long crack thread to see what Sony is doing about the cracks - official email from them :)