What is Simplicity ?

greyhound74

Novice Member
Hi All.
I had the old 3G iphone, my contract has expired, and i'm now stuck in limbo with a pile of different options.

A lot of my mates are telling me to go on simplicity, but i have no idea what it means, what i get or the implications and the O2 site isn't exactly clear on it either.

I don't mind signing up to a 2 year contract (although don't start me on the Data issue), but i have £35 a month to spend + phone on top.
The website isn't clear on what i need to do (do i join simplicty and order a phone from Apple?) I was wondering if someone could break it down what the perk of simplicty is over the cost of a contract.

sorry for the stupid question.

Cheers
Greyhound

Rossco08

Novice Member
i upgraded to simplicity myself this afternoon. Was on a £35 a month contract with o2 before. Now i'm on simplicity 12 month contract for iphone which is £15 a month for 300 minutes, unlim txts and unlim web. If you already have an iphone its a much cheaper option as you get quite alot for £15, and I was told even though its a 12 month contract i can change the tariff up and down each month if i find i need more minutes.

I want the new iphone 4 so have pre ordered from apple. You'll need a micro sim for this. I had already registered my interest on the o2 website so was told to expect my sim in the post in the next few days. then its just a case of switching your details from the old sim to new and your away!! :thumbsup:

greyhound74

Novice Member
Rossco08 - so that means having to spend £500 (or whatever) on the phone as well as the contract (which isn't a contract :))?

Didds

Novice Member
It works out at £680 for the 12 month simplicity contract (£500 for Phone then £15 for 12 months).
The same minutes and texts on a 18 month (minimum contract time) with O2 is £209 for the phone then £30 for 18 months Total £209 + £540 = £740

So going for the simplicity 12 month contract is £60 cheaper and your not tied to it for 18 months.

Rossco08

Novice Member
you got it! :)

i dont like being tied into anything more than 12 months so thats an advantage if a new phone comes out next year. Going on current second hand prices for 3gs phones i'd still be able to sell the phone for a few hundred pounds

mr_sockochris

Novice Member
Simplicity is a 1 month or 12 month contract sim. You don't get a phone like a standard contract BUT you do get more minutes, texts, etc for your money. I bought my 3GS last summer and put my Simplicty sim in it where I get 600mins, 1000 texts and 'unlimited' data for £20 a month. To get that on a standard iPhone contract you're looking at £35+ per month.

-James-

Novice Member
Does anyone know if it's possible for me to pay off my remaining 5 months (£15 p/m) on my Orange contract and then switch to o2 Simplicity, keeping my original number?

shade_of_meta

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to pay off my remaining 5 months (£15 p/m) on my Orange contract and then switch to o2 Simplicity, keeping my original number?
don't see why not! pay Orange their buy out fees, ask for a PAC and sign up for your chosen Simplicity deal!

You can go rolling month to month at an extra £5 / month but if you take a years contract its £5 cheaper / month *and* you can go up and down tariff's as you see fit!

choddo2006

Novice Member
Should be able to. Don't forget to grab £25 worth of quidco for a 12 month Simplicity SIM.

boltlock

Distinguished Member
Just ordered a simplicity sim for my old 3GS (I'm having a shiny new iPhone 4 lol :D). Pretty painless really and I know my son will be pleased as he's always on facebook so will be able to do it on the move too!! :rolleyes:

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
Can anyone tell me i am currently on a £10 simplicity deal with O2 but what is the difference with the simplicity for iPhone besides the extra data bundle ?

If i upgrade to the IPhone simplicity 12 month contract in readyness for the phone when i get it will that still work with my Nokia phone as it looks like it will be July when i get the iPhone ?

Cheers, Carl

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom