1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Screen Door ? Exists on Panasonic AE100

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Stewart C, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been checking other posts on the Panasonic and need clarification from those in the know.

Some are saything the Panasonic AE100 shows screen door effects. What the hell is this?

Also, some have been suggesting that at 2 times the screen width away, pixels are evident.

Also can someone tell me what this does as it appears to improve the Panasonics picture by a huge margin !!

"I just got a KeyDigital component to RGB transcoder. This time 1080i HD component to the KD transcoder. Then RGB 1080i to the AE100 15pin input.

Result = WOOOWWW! What a picture! The HD picture looks like looking through a open window! After fine adjust RGB values (only available in RGB input), the color looks VERY nice too. Picture is sharp, high resolution and dynamic. This is what I called a great picture! It's taking shape!

I really have NO IDEA what's Panasonic thinking. The projector CAN and DO give a great picture but most users won't see it because the 3 RCAs component input is useless! And it won't accept component signal on the 15pin port.

If I didn't try the KD transcoder to see a RGB HD picture, there is no way I can see the real power of this little wonder"

Cheers

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Why is the 3 RCA input useless? Surely it's NTSC prog and that's all? And that's supposed to be good.

3. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know mate, just what I read.