1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Panasonic's policy on stuck pixels on the PV500 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Daipac, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I was told about a month ago that anything over 1 pixel was outside of specification was deemed a fault. Now I have just phoned Panasonic and they are telling me that the pixels have to be joined for it to be deemed a fault ! Is this true ?

Out of the box, I had a red stuck pixel just off centre of the screen. Now, on the weekend I was using my PC and noticed that I now have 2 more green dead pixels in the top right and bottom left of the screen !

:eek:

Someone please clarify this for me to see if I have a case to get a replacement.

Ever get that feeling you are doomed ?

:suicide:

2. Jim_Fear

Jim_Fear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I know it varies between manufacturer but normally they say they have to be within a close proximity of one another which is their way of giving you the finger because anything which causes annoyance/disruption to the screen like that should be considered a fault. Dont fret though, there may be hope if they're only stuck and not dead, you can see if you can give one of those supposed pixel unsticker video's a whirl. If that doesn't work then i'm not sure what else to suggest.